New trucking school forming...

Adams CDL Transport is a new company in Arkansas and we are striving to create a new driver training school with women specifically in mind. We believe that many women would benefit from learning not only how to get a cdl but also ins and outs of a otr trucking career. Check our our website at www.adamscdltransport.com. We have a current contest running for a $250 Visa card for following us on social media and you can visit our crowd funding page from there also.

Oh please!!!! Just what's needed... a PC school for another "protected class". I've known and worked with female truckers for years. They got respect because they just went out and did the job with no fanfare. I'm reminded of one lady whose O/O trucker hubby got bad hurt and couldn't drive truck anymore. She got up and replaced him behind the wheel so they wouldn't lose the truck. Last time I saw her, he'd recovered and was back driving.... and they bought another truck for her. Helluva woman.

She'd have decked you for intimating that women truckers need a "special school".

What we need in this industry is NOT "special schools for women". What we NEED is more old-fashioned, country girl, grown up WOMEN who just take ahold of whatever job needs to be done and DO it. Let all the PC, Mommy's special little girls, I'm owed special treatment types go hang out with their metrosexual little boy friends at Starbucks.... cause you damn well know that the first time they hit some difficult task they're gonna curl up in a corner and whimper "It's too haaaaard. I should get the eeeeasy things" and quit on you.

Hell with them.

I can not believe you folks would be so sexist towards the gender challenged. Claiming that women would benefit more than say Caitlin. Shame on you.

Adams CDL Transport is a new company in Arkansas and we are striving to create a new driver training school with women specifically in mind. We believe that many women would benefit from learning not only how to get a cdl but also ins and outs of a otr trucking career. Check our our website at www.adamscdltransport.com. We have a current contest running for a $250 Visa card for following us on social media and you can visit our crowd funding page from there also.

As a female going into the industry {hopefully in the next 2 years} I'm very upset with this. If women need special treatment, they should stay out of the truck. Period. If they can't do the required work and learn in a regular environment, they should stay out of the truck. Period. No exceptions. It's the same job for both men and women and should be treated as such. The school and trainer should teach them the ins and outs of trucking and if they don't maybe they should ask for another trainer. A gender-specific school is NOT needed. What is needed is smarter drivers across the board who want to improve the indistry, not just get into it because they can wear sandals and a tracksuit. Now provide a school that will teach EVERYONE this information and make sure they're more than prepared to go out and drive safely and professionally... THAT I would go to.
As a woman, I don't believe I'm entitled to ANY special treatment. I'll go out and do my job, just like everyone else. There's work that needs to be done.

As a female going into the industry {hopefully in the next 2 years} I'm very upset with this. If women need special treatment, they should stay out of the truck. Period. If they can't do the required work and learn in a regular environment, they should stay out of the truck. Period. No exceptions. It's the same job for both men and women and should be treated as such. The school and trainer should teach them the ins and outs of trucking and if they don't maybe they should ask for another trainer. A gender-specific school is NOT needed. What is needed is smarter drivers across the board who want to improve the indistry, not just get into it because they can wear sandals and a tracksuit. Now provide a school that will teach EVERYONE this information and make sure they're more than prepared to go out and drive safely and professionally... THAT I would go to.
As a woman, I don't believe I'm entitled to ANY special treatment. I'll go out and do my job, just like everyone else. There's work that needs to be done.

Hey @Injun ...
gotcha a protege.
:)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread