New to trucking

KJM

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to swing by and introduce myself. I'm in the process of getting into trucking and making a career change. I recently got my CDL A permit and plan to train with my dads company until i pass my skills test. Once I pass my test I would like to do long haul for a year to get experience and see what happens from there. I've been thinking about making this change for over a year now and I'm finally starting the transition. Currently I'm an EMT in Missouri and just don't like it.

I look forward to learning lots from this forum.

I went from EMTin' to truckin' eight and a half years ago. I haven't looked back.

Welcome to our little corner of insanity.

I went from EMTin' to truckin' eight and a half years ago. I haven't looked back.

Welcome to our little corner of insanity.

Seems like I've run into a few driver that were former EMS. Thanks for the warm welcome and it makes me feel better that you liked your transition. It's kind of scary to go from one career path like healthcare to something completely different. I've been in healthcare for the last 6 years and I'm very ready to move on.

If you know how to take care of people take care of yourself in your truck or not by the time you come from otr you will be 250lbs of fat

New myself, in a way. I was a Freight Broker for a few years and wanted to start my own trucking company. I just bought my first truck and looking for a driver. Know anyone looking for a good job with a small, up and coming company, please send em my way. :) Leasing onto Mercer with this one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread