New to the trucking world

Pompano1962

Hello,
I recently moved out to the farm country where everything is diesel. My neighbor (farms and trucks) has a '99 FLD 120 that had a fire that burned all the wiring from the battery box out. All the wires are still intact so it's not hard to trace the from & to locations, the question is can each wire be replaced one at a time (easier to keep track of from & to). Or are there harness(s) that would make it easier. Also, are there free wiring diagrams available to the registered owner?

Hello,
I recently moved out to the farm country where everything is diesel. My neighbor (farms and trucks) has a '99 FLD 120 that had a fire that burned all the wiring from the battery box out. All the wires are still intact so it's not hard to trace the from & to locations, the question is can each wire be replaced one at a time (easier to keep track of from & to). Or are there harness(s) that would make it easier. Also, are there free wiring diagrams available to the registered owner?
harnesses are cheaper in the long run.

good luck

Hello,

This happened all the time in the Army. Batteries catching on fire is a pretty bad thing. But we have a 24 volt system.

I assume you have 3 or 4 batteries wired in parallel/ series. My recommendation:

First, take pictures of the batteries and anything else so you have an idea of how it is wired.
Second use a a string to trace each wire cable and mark how long they are. (Take your time)
Use the string and measure against a measuring tape for correct length and record on paper.
Go to your nearest auto parts store and purchase each wire cable according to length.
Install each one individually until all are replaced.

Good luck:couch:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread