New to the forum

Hey guys,

I'm a rookie driver, been driving 23 months now. I like it (crazy right, lol), some days are better than others but overall I enjoy being in a truck and being out there. First job in my life that I look forward to going to everyday.

I've only worked for one company, the first company I applied to straight out of school. I'm really happy here and can see myself staying with this company until I can't drive anymore. I get to work with all veteran drivers that been driving 20, 30 and 40+ years. I feel pretty fortunate to work with guys that have that much experience and they're always patient and willing to help me out. I really appreciate the knowledge they share.

I started out in a day cab at my company for about 12 months and then got moved into a Freightliner Cascadia like everyone else there. I remember how nervous I was for about a week when I first got into the Cascadia lol

I'm a local driver and go home every night. I haul general freight, mostly in a dry van and sometimes a reefer. No flatbeds or tankers, although I do have a tank endorsement. My company doesn't haul anything HAZMAT either.

There's opportunity at my shop for regional and OTR and I'll probably give that a try sometime this coming up year, test the water to see if I like running that way.

Anyways, nice to meet you all
See you around

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread