New TA Truckstop

BANNED
As of July 15, 2020 the Satellite Truck Stop on I-75 in Lake City, Fl. has become a new TA franchise truck stop. This particular truckstop has been around since the early 1990's but was closed for many years until about 1 year ago when it re-opened. The new owner must have felt the need to be associated with a big travel center company and I applaud him for at least staying in the game rather than closing. The only thing we can hope for is that they keep the sit down restaurant open and also don't start the paid parking game that TA plays. This is a very nicely done truckstop, bright, nice showers and clean parking area for 100 trucks. So let's stop in and patronize this establishment so we can keep a good truck stop going.

If I owned the land and paid taxes on the land everyone would pay to park. The money they make on fuel is small with the discounts EFS and others give
Those discounts simply lower their price down to what many of the independents are charging.

That said, I would likely do the same as you and would have no issue seeing it become standard at all truck stops.

That simply is not true Mike I just got $0.90 off at loves over here in Pennsylvania I dare you to try and find some place that much cheaper around here only people that fuel up an independent say that stuff
Not going to argue about one place. I know the discounts are good. I use them through NASTC.

It’s a cost+ setup, and nationwide you can usually be right about the same by using an independent in the same region. Is it like that in every situation? No.

If I owned the land and paid taxes on the land everyone would pay to park. The money they make on fuel is small with the discounts EFS and others give
TA is something like 30 cents a gallon more than the small Sunoco across the street in Greencastle. I don't feel sorry for them.

People would fuel there if they dropped the price to everyone else and didn't keep reserving and blocking pumps.

FYI, no time was wasted implementing the pay to park spots. They have 10 spots so far that you can reserve on the app, I'm sure more are coming soon!

TA is something like 30 cents a gallon more than the small Sunoco across the street in Greencastle. I don't feel sorry for them.

People would fuel there if they dropped the price to everyone else and didn't keep reserving and blocking pumps.
Pump price is not the price most people pay at these places. Like mike said my nastc fuel card is cost plus a nickel. I promise you it’s just as cheap as the independent across the street.

Like mike said my nastc fuel card is cost plus a nickel. I promise you it’s just as cheap as the independent across the street.

Yep, the independents will usually have a very competitive price. maybe even a penny cheaper than my NASTC.

But, I'm going with the place pumping volume and reducing my risk of getting gremlins in my fuel tanks.

Yep, the independents will usually have a very competitive price. maybe even a penny cheaper than my NASTC.

But, I'm going with the place pumping volume and reducing my risk of getting gremlins in my fuel tanks.
Not to mention the showers are generally cleaner and the credits carry over and I can shower 300 miles down the road if I want. Not all independents are bad, and not all T/A’s are good. I’ve had good luck with their fuel.

Pump price is not the price most people pay at these places. Like mike said my nastc fuel card is cost plus a nickel. I promise you it’s just as cheap as the independent across the street.
Most people.

But when I filled the LTL it was on my Discover. I don't know what any other card would be.

Well, ya, the big chain truck stops are buying an selling way more fuel than any independent station so they get a discount and of course big fleets are buying way more fuel than say Joe Blow in his RV just looking at the posted price. Of course the big chains will give a major break to fleets.

Well, ya, the big chain truck stops are buying an selling way more fuel than any independent station so they get a discount and of course big fleets are buying way more fuel than say Joe Blow in his RV just looking at the posted price. Of course the big chains will give a major break to fleets.
Exactly. But a Sunoco in a high traffic area is still hardly a mom & pop with shady fuel. So the 30 cent posted price gap still doesn't make sense. TA is driving little guys over to the Sunoco with that nonsense. Plus the Sunoco is easier to access in this case. Both signs are bright and big as can be from the highway.

I don't care about the NATSC card, I'm talking about on the face pricing. If the Sunoco can charge $2.799 on the face, there's no reason TA across the street has to charge $3.099 on the face.

It's not like that everywhere but Greencastle baffles me in that regard. They're always stupid amounts higher than anyone else in the vicinity and blocking islands like they don't want normal people buying their fuel.

Exactly. But a Sunoco in a high traffic area is still hardly a mom & pop with shady fuel. So the 30 cent posted price gap still doesn't make sense. TA is driving little guys over to the Sunoco with that nonsense. Plus the Sunoco is easier to access in this case. Both signs are bright and big as can be from the highway.

I don't care about the NATSC card, I'm talking about on the face pricing. If the Sunoco can charge $2.799 on the face, there's no reason TA across the street has to charge $3.099 on the face.

It's not like that everywhere but Greencastle baffles me in that regard. They're always stupid amounts higher than anyone else in the vicinity and blocking islands like they don't want normal people buying their fuel.
Case to that point. I was going to fuel in Iowa today. Same exit the Peelot has fuel 20 cents a gallon more than the Kwik Trip. We are a "fleet" of 8.

Iowa does not have a muzzle mandate. Peelot does natuonwide. Virus, politics, and price all aside there's also all the ****ery that generally goes with a Peelot or TA. Not hard to figure out where I was gonna go.

It's the same like that everywhere you go with the prices though. Some areas more than others.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread