New rules in MLB for 2023.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Yes there are new rules in MLB for the 2023 season. Those new rules include a pitch timer, a field shift restriction and bigger bases.

Call me a purist but the pitch timer is complete bullshit! The game is all about pitchers taking their time and batters stepping outside the box, just to break each others rhythm.
All this to make the game go faster? The pitcher vs. batter mind tricks are the game, This is a part of the game.

Player shift rule.
I say it is dumb. What difference does it make shifting players?
Shifting players is a strategy. It's part of the game!

Bigger bases.
Okay this is one rule I can kind of get on board with. Nobody wants to see a player get injured in a collision at base or the plate.

All of these rule changes are to supposedly to make the game go faster.
Why does it need to go faster? To appease people that are not baseball fans, the ones that are looking in the outfield waiting for a home run, while the actual game is being played out at the mound and home plate?

Spring training is going on right now but I haven't watched any. Seems they're all going on during the day and something feels wrong about watching a day game at 7 8 9 pm.

Are they using any of these new rules in those games? The timer seems like it would be absolute horse shit.

Spring training is going on right now but I haven't watched any. Seems they're all going on during the day and something feels wrong about watching a day game at 7 8 9 pm.

Are they using any of these new rules in those games? The timer seems like it would be absolute horse shit.
They are using the new rules in spring training.

Not to worry, spring training games are not worth watching anyway.

I agree the timer is horseshit. A pitch camera would be better. ****ing home plate umpires are blind and need to be replaced.

Call me a purist
well...call me a purist as well..

3 strikes and yer out, not this bullshit of foul tip, foul ball for ever and ever...

if those are called strikes, and they are...then 3 strikes, and yer OUT.........!!!!!!!!

SPEED UP THE STUPID GAME........

nap time for me is to put on a ball game, and by the first batter, i am fast asleep.....

3 strikes and yer out, not this bullshit of foul tip, foul ball for ever and ever...

if those are called strikes, and they are...then 3 strikes, and yer OUT.........!!!!!!!!

nap time for me is to put on a ball game, and by the first batter, i am fast asleep.....
For me it used to be golf. Now it's nascar.

nap time for me is to put on a ball game, and by the first batter, i am fast asleep....

If you really wanna watch paint dry, there's always curling too.
Have you ever heard of crokinole?
It's a Canadian game.
1678669632927.png
I will post more later because my battery is dead right now

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread