New house, new grill.

Out of my 4.5 # brisket, it finally gave me 1# 14 oz of meat. I trimmed the rest off in fat.

Turkey today for Christmas Eve dinner.

View attachment 54353

Tomorrow it will be a Boston Butt to shred for tacos.
tonight, we will have spaghetti with olive oil, a traditional Italian dish on the eve.

Christmas Day, it'll be a ham.

we have to work tonight, well, the other guys will go out Christmas night, but i prefer to go out on the eve, as we have quite a few people over for the main meal. i will still have "some" of tonight's meal before i go in.

@Mike and the rest of you guys, when cooking say ab 12 oz. Ribeye on a regular nothing fancy charcoal grill, to get one medium/medium rare, what kinda temperature you guys cook at?

I'm just curious. I'm sure we all have our own methods, I'm just seeing how everyone does it.
I cook mine hot, don’t really check the temp. But hot. 3-4 minutes on each side. I like the fat to be a little charred and the middle rare to medium rare. Preferably medium rare, but will eat it damn near raw too.

@Mike and the rest of you guys, when cooking say ab 12 oz. Ribeye on a regular nothing fancy charcoal grill, to get one medium/medium rare, what kinda temperature you guys cook at?

I'm just curious. I'm sure we all have our own methods, I'm just seeing how everyone does it.
I put my hand above the grill surface and count how many seconds I can hold it. I want heat for about 6-8 seconds.

Then 7-8 minutes per side for medium.

I let the temp gauge on the grill get up around 500-600, then just like you said a few minutes on each side.

I dont know if you guys do this, but I wrap a brick in aluminum foil and set on my steak each side. it gives it a nice sear.
I’ve never tried that. If we is being honest I only eat steak for the fat. I love me some steak fat.

Actually it's pretty easy to find a better steak than a sirloin and a ribeye....

Last edited:
Oh helz yes......

I toss whole peppers and onions on the coals while the meat is resting.

I cook the meat about 70-80 seconds a side.

let the coals get good and hot. 3-5 minutes on each side and get it on the plate.

I cook on a very hot fire to sear the juices in. Only flip the steak one time and then pull it off.

I let the temp gauge on the grill get up around 500-600, then just like you said a few minutes on each side.

I dont know if you guys do this, but I wrap a brick in aluminum foil and set on my steak each side. it gives it a nice sear.
My wif has a grill press I use but not usually because I am normally doing a grill full of steaks.

Reactions: TUG

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread