New guy from california

stans87

I have a couple problems. First California is making me get rid of brothers 87 FE7, and I can't sell it in California. It was used to haul cattle, by him. He sold his cattle, and the truck has sat for a few years. I found someone who is willing to take it to Mexico. It has less than 90K, and ran great it still does. The problem now is the motor doesn't shut off. I have to choke off the air to stop the motor. My brother recently died, so he isn't any help. Question shouldn't the key switch shut down the motor? What am I missing? Thanks Stan

Being an 87 it will be a mechanical motor. It should have an electric fuel shut off solenoid. It is more than likely bad

Unless it’s like an old Mack. Then it will have a cable to pull to shut the pump off. I am not familiar with that truck

I have a couple problems. First California is making me get rid of brothers 87 FE7, and I can't sell it in California. It was used to haul cattle, by him. He sold his cattle, and the truck has sat for a few years. I found someone who is willing to take it to Mexico. It has less than 90K, and ran great it still does. The problem now is the motor doesn't shut off. I have to choke off the air to stop the motor. My brother recently died, so he isn't any help. Question shouldn't the key switch shut down the motor? What am I missing? Thanks Stan
find the injection pump and look for a solenoid on pump. should have one or two wires going to it. either the solenoids bad or a wire has a break in it not making contact.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread