New guy from california

stans87

I have a couple problems. First California is making me get rid of brothers 87 FE7, and I can't sell it in California. It was used to haul cattle, by him. He sold his cattle, and the truck has sat for a few years. I found someone who is willing to take it to Mexico. It has less than 90K, and ran great it still does. The problem now is the motor doesn't shut off. I have to choke off the air to stop the motor. My brother recently died, so he isn't any help. Question shouldn't the key switch shut down the motor? What am I missing? Thanks Stan

Humble pie

Being chased by the Cookie Monster
Supporter
Being an 87 it will be a mechanical motor. It should have an electric fuel shut off solenoid. It is more than likely bad

Humble pie

Being chased by the Cookie Monster
Supporter
Unless it’s like an old Mack. Then it will have a cable to pull to shut the pump off. I am not familiar with that truck

IRONMAN

Formerly 'runragged'
I have a couple problems. First California is making me get rid of brothers 87 FE7, and I can't sell it in California. It was used to haul cattle, by him. He sold his cattle, and the truck has sat for a few years. I found someone who is willing to take it to Mexico. It has less than 90K, and ran great it still does. The problem now is the motor doesn't shut off. I have to choke off the air to stop the motor. My brother recently died, so he isn't any help. Question shouldn't the key switch shut down the motor? What am I missing? Thanks Stan
find the injection pump and look for a solenoid on pump. should have one or two wires going to it. either the solenoids bad or a wire has a break in it not making contact.