New forum for the ladies of the open road

Thanks Cerberus. Tell her I wish her well. I was in nursing school years ago. Only had one semester left but unfortunately due to family issues I couldn't finish. I kind of still resent the fact I couldn't finish.

Hi Everyone,
My hubby and I are new to all this and we will soon graduate and are looking towards Covenant to start with because they seem to be the only one's out there that want to train a husband and wife team together. Does anyone have anything to tell us about being out there. Especially anything I as a woman would need to know or to look out for? Thanks in advance for any reponse.

Hi Everyone,
My hubby and I are new to all this and we will soon graduate and are looking towards Covenant to start with because they seem to be the only one's out there that want to train a husband and wife team together. Does anyone have anything to tell us about being out there. Especially anything I as a woman would need to know or to look out for? Thanks in advance for any reponse.
Hello, welcome to the forum. Good to see another TENNESSEAN here..

thank you so much for the warm welcome. I am glad I came across this sight, it has already enlightened me on a few things. Still have ALOT to learn, but we are enjoying the lessons so far.

thank you so much for the warm welcome. I am glad I came across this sight, it has already enlightened me on a few things. Still have ALOT to learn, but we are enjoying the lessons so far.
Hi, glad you found it, only thing I can think of is watch the rest area's (bathrooms), at night mostly. they get alittle creepy..........................
All these people from Tn. must be that car of ttw.lol, if u can see it.......

hi all its the mr part of the team got a ? is there place out there that a taser is illegal to have. Like a certin state or truck stop I want to get one for my sweetie when im not with her.

Hi Everyone,
glad to see another husband and wife team coming out here. I work for covenant right now, started with them about 2 months ago. They are like all the other "big" companies out there. If you can get in good with your dispatcher then its not all that bad. I like to call mine up once a week for a heart to heart chat about life. Gets him out of the pissy mood hes in and usually gives me lds i can tolerate. plus its nice to know what he has to deal with on an everyday basis and the same goes for him. plus i wanted to say with you being a woman you have the best tool out there "your husband".use him wisely believe me they come in handy. if you have any ?s let me know ill do my bst to answer them. good luck and remember the first year is the hardest out here.

Thank you for the info on Covenant. And I want to tell you I can't see myself doing this without my wonderful husband. If you come across anything with Covenant please share the info. Also can I ask if you and your hubby trained together with Covenant? How did that go?

sure ya can but nope didnt train with my husband or boyfriend. came over here by my self and it looks like ill be staying here by myself to. my bf just gave me the news that he wont be ever coming with me again since he found another job operating equipment. which sucks for me bc i was lead to believe that he would becoming over here with me. thats the only reason i have stayed so long. i hate being by myself some days to the point ill start crying over it.. and its mainly bc i had to go to a trk stop that has many memories for me. it looks like ill be toughing it out for a few more months. then ill decide if i actually want to join the military.

hi all its the mr part of the team got a ? is there place out there that a taser is illegal to have. Like a certin state or truck stop I want to get one for my sweetie when im not with her.
as far as i know they arent illegal to have on the trk but its up to the company. ask went you get to orienataion.i never really gave it much thought.

yeah well trying. . . hey i actually got a pic of me on my profile, too bad its not with my trk..tell me what you think. Do i look like a truck driver??lol

hey whispers. she's not doing the road anymore. she went another career route. she's a CPN now and fixing to go to training to become a LPN and maybe go the distance fora RN. i'll tell her you said hi.

The healthcare industry is booming, and isn't much different than the trucking industries. Long mandated hours, little sleep, and dealing with angry ppl. Every now and then you feel like you have made a difference, but you are too tired to care.:dunno:

Hello all, new here and just found you through twiiter. I am TruckerDesiree and write a blog on ask the trucker that has been helping men and women who are new to trucking.It has also been helping experience drivers understand what the students are going through unwittingly caught up in the money machine that has been flooding unqualified drivers onto the road.I've tried to reach out to Women in Trucking myself but it seems maybe they aren't concerned with safety as they are ergonomics.I am not a feminist, I am not a man hater. I am a conscientious human being who loves OTR trucking and don't like someone tucking their tail and going home because they don't know who to ask for help.Esspecially when other drivers who are not safe and are violating others become trainers.Other women have not always been to nice either BUT others old and young and many respectful men of integrity are to be found.I hope to pave a path to find you better.:)

I just got the link to use this site better on my PDA. That's also why I have so many Typos, so bear with me.
I have been metting some of you on Twitter / TruckerDesiree and I encourage any one who hasn't checked it out to do so.
Not only am I connected to Trucker information but all informative news and weather.
Perhaps the best thing has been the funny exchanges that keep me company as I am out here by myself.
I keep a low profile for safety reasons at the truck stops but this medium gives me a chance to laugh and socialize with words.
The life of a Trucker is isolated and misunderstood.
That is why Twitter is importent to give us the humanity many people do not see and therefore dismiss our needs.
Idle policys, Layover pay and my particular issues of poor management that led to the near end of my CDL Career which I write about in a blog called "A Day in the Life of a Lady Trucker".
I was put off 3 trucks, had my clothes thrown off and bleach sprayed on me. In all I was on 10 trucks in 6 months because I was recruited by the above mentioned company. But I did not have a companion and they do not have a system to keep students safe.
Much of what happened to me would not have been possible if I was connected to other Truckers who care from the beginning.
I don't want anyone to experience what happened to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

hello well i may not b a truck driver yet but i am a companion for m bf on the road daily as we stay at his parents when we go home as we r only home for 5 days then back out on the open road for 35 days and those ladies on the road if ur not sure of an area in a truck stop im sure if u ask ur bf/husband to park closer to the building im sure he would as my bf tries to park as close to the building as he can but there r times its not possible due to the hrshe drives so we get what we can and sometimes if i thnk a bout i carry a mag light into the store with me for protection we never thought of the taser thing for me but another thing he does do if its real fr and rund 10pm or so up til 4am he does tryto go in with me for the most part but the open road can b a join for the companion as well as the driver be safe hope all have a safe and happy holidays another thing to check on if ur a solo driver check to see if they have a pet policy as with usa we can have a pet or a passenger as long as there is some type of rider policy filed with the company

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread