New Feature - Improved Ignore.

I believe Mr Meany has stumbled onto the root of the problem...
If it wasn't for men in their 40s, 50s, and 60s acting like they're in 5th grade, there would be very little activity on here.

Or on TTR, or the numerous Facebook groups.

While that is a true enough statement, the point I was trying to make was why is it even necessary to add such a feature? Grown ass men and women have to have a button to push to not see posts that they don't agree with made by people they don't like and/or consider assholes?
As far as trying to cut down on bans.....I say more is better.

I realize Mike and I look at this from opposite points of view.....
No it’s for A Holes that feel the need to be belligerent and child like. Instead of retaliation the “Grown Up” thing to do is place them on ignore. Then you see nothing from them.

While that is a true enough statement, the point I was trying to make was why is it even necessary to add such a feature? Grown ass men and women have to have a button to push to not see posts that they don't agree with made by people they don't like and/or consider assholes?
As far as trying to cut down on bans.....I say more is better.

I realize Mike and I look at this from opposite points of view.....
Thats MISTER asshole, thank you

Scotch tastes kinda similar
You ain't had Paint Thinner till ya tried Christian Brothers Brandy "straight"..

What I don't get is that's "popular" and all around..

J-Bavet is "Cheaper" and SMOOTH ya can drink it Straight without Tossing your Cookies...

In many parts of this country Brandy ain't even "available" it's all WHISKEY..

Whiskey doesn't Agree with me but I can drink Brandy n Beers all-day long

I haven't decided if I am going to make this feature available to everyone or not. The add-on is pretty pricey, but I think it will greatly benefit our community.

Feel free to comment on the feature, but any comments about who you are going to be ignoring will be removed.

Link to set this up is: https://www.freightrelocators.com/forum/account/ignored

With both boxes checked, any member you have on ignore will virtually disappear from the forum entirely. Even the messages about ignored member content being available will be gone. Also gone will be the ability for the ignored member to view your profile. So, if you dislike someone, put them on ignore, makes sure both boxes are checked in the above link, and it will be almost like the two of you don't exist to each other.

That's right, they will be blocked from your content as well.

How does this help you? Many members have a hard time not attacking people they don't like. This is not only bad for the community overall, but it can also result in your being banned as it is one of the rules violations that we take most seriously.

Some people just don't like each other. We get that. Now, you have a solution.

And don't forget, your Supporting Membership also provides you an ad-free experience on the forum.

It's back. Quoting the first post so those who want to use it can go in and set it up the way they want it.

I figure with our new points based moderation, giving back the "ignore on steroids" option might help keep people out of trouble with the personal attacks and such.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread