New Drug Test Coming Near You

patriciajnsn

Steering Wheel Holder
A New Drug Test May Be Coming Your Way | Class A Drivers ATA asked congress to make hair testing a federal law.I knew this would happen just surprised not till now.Companies are fighting this saying its too expensive but how often do they win?

I don't personally GAS because I don't use drugs. Question I have, though, is how do they intend to test someone who has severe allopecia? I have a friend who doesn't have a single hair on his body because of this. It even took his teeth. How will he be able to meet this requirement?

I don't personally GAS because I don't use drugs. Question I have, though, is how do they intend to test someone who has severe allopecia? I have a friend who doesn't have a single hair on his body because of this. It even took his teeth. How will he be able to meet this requirement?
Maybe once this becomes implemented he wont be eligible to drive if they cant do hair testing on him,who knows.Nobody is more against drugs then me but making this into law for the reason ATA gave is a bunch of crap.

What would motivate ATA to want this?

It can't have anything to do with safety. That's certainly ruled out, because if they were concerned with safety there's a hell of a lot of things they'd be doing differently.

I bet it's just another round of "let's drive up our operating costs because we can afford it but our smaller competition can't".

Hair follicle testing, from what I have heard, is not as reliable as urine testing do to an increased chance of false positives.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread