new driver

biggus13

i am considering going to roadmaster for cdl training. they have 5 co.'s
that will hire and pay for your training.who is best?
werner.tmc.falcon.transport amer.averitt.

nobody can answer who's best. too each there own. what works for me might not work for you. too find out who's best for you , you have to decide what you want and what your looking for.

I don't know anything about these companies, but wanted to let you know somethings about what some of the companies will require out of you for your schooling to be paid. First go to the company reviews section of this web site and read them. Then take a search to see what else you can find out about these companies. Feed out all this information and try to make an educated guess on what company you would like to work for. Remember there will be a requirement as to how long you will need to work for them for your schooling to be paid for. You will probably have to pay something out of your check and the company may match that payment, then after your being employed for a year they will reimburse you for your payments for the school. Also remember that there are pros and cons of each company. The company will push you hard your first year, not to make you quit, but to help you reach your full abilities, and to help you make that 50K they said you would make. You have to work hard and long to make that kind of money. Now also the company will push you hard and give you miles because to start you will be the lowest paid driver in the company, they pay you less but your getting the miles and the company will make more money. If you do have to give up a year to one company even if it is hard just think that this time passed fast when you keep in mind that you will be responsible for all the school costs if you leave. This is a good job, and if your cut out for it you'll make good money. Mostly you have to consider, your away from home weeks at a time, you probably will not get home on the day or time you expect, your by yourself most of the time, you will need good communication with family and friends. Sometimes my cousin and I talk for hours as I drive down the road. You have to be able to manage your time well; however time management will be second nature after awhile. Most of what we learn is by doing each and everyday, don't be afraid to ask questions, and please, please the worst thing I see in drivers is the ones who think they know it all. I am still learning how to do things all the time. Keep an open mind when you learning new stuff, as this will help you work smarter NOT harder.

I went through Schneider Nat'l years ago and found them to be very thourough plus strict on safety. Remember one most important thing though, Recruiters for the most part will always tell you what they want you to hear when it comes to wanting you to drive for their company, so be careful of their bs.

and please, please the worst thing I see in drivers is the ones who think they know it all. I am still learning how to do things all the time. Keep an open mind when you learning new stuff, as this will help you work smarter NOT harder.

Bingo! Too many young drivers out there nowadays driving without any respect etc for their fellow truckers and/or the public in general, and to me, these drivers don't deserve to carry a CDL!

I went through Schneider Nat'l years ago and found them to be very thourough plus strict on safety. Remember one most important thing though, Recruiters for the most part will always tell you what they want you to hear when it comes to wanting you to drive for their company, so be careful of their bs.

Bingo! Too many young drivers out there nowadays driving without any respect etc for their fellow truckers and/or the public in general, and to me, these drivers don't deserve to carry a CDL!

I got my CDL trhough a School Bus company, my 6 months are up i like the job but does not pay enough (can't aford the medical insurance neither). Now I can go anywhere I want, I want to upgrade my B to a Class A.Need to pass Air Brakes, Haz Mat, etc.
I'm thinking to reapply with Schneider National (could not get trainned before due to a suspended license, was not a DUI car did no pass smog check had to wait to get my record cleared) if truckers don't get respect from others try School Bus drivers.

Everybody will have a different opinion on each company, the best way to decide would be to do some research on the companies you're thinking of going with and talk to other truckers you meet who work for them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread