NEW DRIVER

PERRY

JUST GRADUATED FROM A DRIVING SCHOOL AND NOW IM LOOKING FOR SOME WORK,

hello
yes we had ct,swift,star and i think anderson.hard to decide who to talk to.
so far ct (coastal transport) and swift are the only two i have heard from.

Roel is a great place to start I have heard. My husband started with Werner but didn't like all the extra work and then moved to TMC which wasn't for him either! I think TMC is a good place to start for flatbed maybe...

REALLY WOULD LIKE TO STAY CLOSE TO FL OR BE HOME WEEKENDS OR MORE, I LOOKING INTO COASTAL TRANSPORT AND I TALKED TO SWIFT BUT THEY WANT OTR WITH NOT MUCH HOME TIME,I HAVNT HEARD TOO MANY THING GOOD ABOUT SWIFT SO I MIGHT RUN AWAY FROM THEM

REALLY WOULD LIKE TO STAY CLOSE TO FL OR BE HOME WEEKENDS OR MORE, I LOOKING INTO COASTAL TRANSPORT AND I TALKED TO SWIFT BUT THEY WANT OTR WITH NOT MUCH HOME TIME,I HAVNT HEARD TOO MANY THING GOOD ABOUT SWIFT SO I MIGHT RUN AWAY FROM THEM

:Ddon't know if ur intrested in flatbed but i know i get home every weekend(Boyd Bros.), and a buddy of mine does too(Maverick)...it all depends on where you live, i can't imagine it being difficult to get you back to FL every weekend...as far as dry van i don't know but i've heard reefer is/can be home every weekend...good luck:D

i been looking into flatbed work, i have a company that will train me for a few weeks,just checking out a few details first, thanks

i been looking into flatbed work, i have a company that will train me for a few weeks,just checking out a few details first, thanks

Just remember flat bed can be very hard work and you need to be aware strapping laws and how they vary state to state. Also what tools you will be expected to supply. Such as strap and chains and tarps.

thanks for the advice on the hard work part of it,i am goin to give it a try. i go to orientation in sept in GA then go meet my trainerthe following week. i hope it goes well.been driving a school bus since 99 and i cant take no more!
wish me luck

so who ya thinkin of going with i live in spring hill and im looking at companys also to start with ill be starting w/roadmasters soon

thanks for the advice on the hard work part of it,i am goin to give it a try. i go to orientation in sept in GA then go meet my trainerthe following week. i hope it goes well.been driving a school bus since 99 and i cant take no more!
wish me luck

Just remember to keep your straps tight! and your tarps hole free!! :)

I hope you have a good trainer.

just finished up orientation with ct, i got to call and find out when to meet my trainer, wish me luck

Welcome Perry!

Which ever company you choose... Good Luck... And Remember to:
Take it up to the Split, Drop it in the Big Hole and Gouge on it!!!

well had a week with a trainer and this guy must be the biggest blank i ever met,complained i wasnt goin fast enough, also i slow him down cause he has to show me things,company boast about being home weekends and that is a bunch of crap.to say the lease i didnt go back,so back to searching the wanted ads for a job.maybe i wasted my time with a driving career. oh well

well had a week with a trainer and this guy must be the biggest blank i ever met,complained i wasnt goin fast enough, also i slow him down cause he has to show me things,company boast about being home weekends and that is a bunch of crap.to say the lease i didnt go back,so back to searching the wanted ads for a job.maybe i wasted my time with a driving career. oh well

Most times they do lie to you about being home weekends. But don't give up right away. Just tell yourself this. "If BUllwinkle can do it, so can I" hehe Right BW?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread