New beginings

ramblin_man

A couple of weeks ago I lost my job of 18 years because I would not relocate again (this is the first time ever that my youngest daughter has done good in school and I am putting her future ahead of my own)

I have spent the last two weeks applying to jobs that pay less than half what I was making and still not getting any good vibes. I am thinking of a complete carreer change from electronics to trucking and was looking at Schneider training program, from what I can tell they pay pretty good and even pay you a bit while you are in school.

I'm 43 yrs old and in decent shape, I think I could handle OTR (for a few years anyway)

I just have a couple questions.

1. how far back do companies go for background checks? I got in a little trouble about 20 years ago.

2. Is schneider a decent company to drive for?

3. This may sound stupid but, is there any tricks to bladder control? I meen, if I have two cups of coffee in the morning I have to pee about every 30 minutes for the next couple hours. (I guess I could just stop drinking coffee)

4. I have only had one ticket (speeding) in my life, that was about 10 years ago. I don't like to go more than about 5 miles over the posted speed, will this hurt my in the trucking industry?

I guess that is enough for now.

RM

I was a dispatcher for a while and when we done a record check, we pulled the entire record BUT, only considered the previous 10 years.. its just nice to see if the record shows a pattern. I don't think that this would be an issue for you unless it is something major. Afterall, Felony Charges are "dropped" after 10 years of good behavior :)

Thanks for your help. No it was nothing major, you don't have the Green River Killer in your midst LOL, just an indiscression as a young man, it was classified a "Wobbler" which meant it started out a Fellony but after I did my 30 days and a yr probation I was able to get it knocked down to a Misdomeaner.

I spoke with my Bro-inlaw last night, he's been a trucker for 30 years and gave me some good advice too.

My wife and I talked about after our youngest is out of school and in the Air Force maybe she would take the training and we could be a team, that way we could be together and make even better $$$ cha-ching LOL

RM

Thanks for your help. No it was nothing major, you don't have the Green River Killer in your midst LOL, just an indiscression as a young man, it was classified a "Wobbler" which meant it started out a Fellony but after I did my 30 days and a yr probation I was able to get it knocked down to a Misdomeaner.

I spoke with my Bro-inlaw last night, he's been a trucker for 30 years and gave me some good advice too.

My wife and I talked about after our youngest is out of school and in the Air Force maybe she would take the training and we could be a team, that way we could be together and make even better $$$ cha-ching LOL

RM

Well, if you are doing it for your daughter you should, think about all the time you will be on the road and away form her. No matter what they say, you better double the time a company says you will be away from home. I have seen too many people get friend from the home every weekend lie.

Also even if they did that, would you want both you and your wife gone all week from home?

I think it is great that you're putting your daughter first. I do not know much about Schneider, but I have been through background checks. Those are not that bad at all.

RM

Yea, My husband and I plan to do that too! I don't know if I could really drive a big rig..I mean I am only like 5ft 3in so I am pretty little but I have saw people my size do it.. I think I just would have an issue with be nervous! Good Luck to you!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread