Need more advice.

Doc175

Anyone ever wrecked a lease purchase vehicle. I was told by the insurance company adjustment and settlement would take a couple weeks. My question is what happens after. Do they settle, pay the lease company, and then I go get another truck from the company or what

Anyone ever wrecked a lease purchase vehicle. I was told by the insurance company adjustment and settlement would take a couple weeks. My question is what happens after. Do they settle, pay the lease company, and then I go get another truck from the company or what
Did you rear end the other vehicle?

Clipped his rear passenger quarter panel. Was trying to avoid rear ending him. Crested a hill with traffic at a dead stop. No warning signs or police or anything. No cars in front of me so no brake lights at top of hill.

A ticket for following to close is one of the tickets you want to avoid. Its right up there with going 15 over the limit. Then you crashed into the other guy. Sorry, but I dont think your gonna have a job. Dont matter that traffic was stopped on the other side of the grade.

Well following too close is only 2 points. I appreciate your honesty. I hope you are wrong and USA truck keeps me on. This is the only incident on my 3 year record. The only things on my 10 year record are a failure to yield a few years old and where I was rear ended in a civilian vehicle in 2012. This is my only ticket in a cmv that wasn't an overweight ticket

Obviously that area cost a few truckers their career then because the whole reason I hit stopped traffic is there was 2 other truck wrecks up that same stretch

I was two weeks away from paying mine off with Swift when a highly intoxicated driver crossed the center line on a two-lane back-road highway and hit me head-on. My rig caught on fire. Both the tractor and the trailer were total losses. The insurance company had some outfit put a value to my truck, the insurance company cut a check to the leasing company (Swift's IEL), they subtracted the roughly $900 left owing on the truck and then gave me the rest on my next settlement. I had my payout within a couple of weeks. They were very fair with me on the value of my truck and I did not get hosed by IEL trying to keep more than what they were entitled to.

Now, we can see whether USA is as ethical.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread