need help

docruger

hello all. im 48yo and really need a change ive tried every school i could find to get training but i just cant get financed and it seems no one is sponsoring I tried JB ,WARNER ,COVENANT , I need this bad its just myself and my wife and im stuck doing security work for $8 hr and no benefits. Can some one please help me. thanks JOE
i also can train in fort worth tx or nashville tn

Have you contacted KLLM? Last time I talked to them, they were only hiring students, so that may help you.

Also, you might look into Prime Inc. They have a program where they will train you on the road to get your license, then do additional training once you have your license. A friend of mine's brother is actually in this program right now.

Might as well say Florida is locked down.
Most companies in this State have a know hire so I can't see any willing to train.
You can apply for a pell grant and go to O.C.C. and see if they offer it.

STEVENS TRANSPORT... Dallas, TX.
Knight Transportation... Hutchins, TX.

Stevens seems to offer a training program without cost to you, but there is one... You'll have to contract with them. And then again, they may not even be doing this now. They tried to get me, for no apparent reason, but already being a driver, I had no interest in that plan. I considered team driving, but they didn't wanna hire my partner so I passed.

USA Trucking and PAM transport are both hiring again you will have to sign a 1 year contact but your training will be paid for.

i want to thank every one for your help. i am starting school Monday at C1 in fort worth through CRST they seem like a good company and only ask for a 8 month contract.

Try Schneider, that's where I got mine. You could sign on to drive with them for 1 yr. and it didn't cost you anything, if you quit, you pay back so much a month. It's in SC

Schneider doesn't hire students or recent school graduates anymore. They stopped training drivers.

Knight -you need 6 months. Schneider stopped training temporarily. USA, PAM through C-1 will have you driving in about 1 month. USA you will start out at .28cpm. At 6months it will go to .29cpm. By the end of 1 year you will be at .35cpm. For a big training company they are not that bad. They have decent benefits that will kick in after the usual 90 days. Make sure you pre-trip all trailers thoroughly at USA as alot of the drivers will drop them with something wrong and not inform anyone. Good luck and be patient.

I went through CRST Van Ex and signed their 8 month contract. I will have to say that right after I finished training I was pumped to go out on the road and start making money with crst but thats when the fun begins. THE CO DRIVER GAME! I hate it...3 Co Drivers in less than 4 weeks. Not so fun. I have looked into other options but since im under contract I dont know if anyone will hire me or not. Anyone know of companies that will hire me while im under contract with crst because I have to say I hate teaming and this company does not give a rats ass about their people as long as their trucks are turned off when they arent rolling and rolling long and hard under loads. Nothing but a slave with a number in the computer to them. Anyone have any advice?

Two years ago attend the orientation week at the Fontana center and plus one week on the wheel road training ... but on the 3rd day quit and go back home!!!! ,,,,,,,, <<beside really good teaching materials very good class rooms and corporate HR system and peoples But !!! ..75 % A hole boot camp jar head drill Sergeant behaving rude and bossy instructors and non-well trained trainee road mentors !!! no more Schneider and wont suggest no body ..so if you are not desperate seeking for a Job .. stay a way

Two years ago attend the orientation week at the Fontana center and plus one week on the wheel road training ... but on the 3rd day quit and go back home!!!! ,,,,,,,, <<beside really good teaching materials very good class rooms and corporate HR system and peoples But !!! ..75 % A hole boot camp jar head drill Sergeant behaving rude and bossy instructors and non-well trained trainee road mentors !!! no more Schneider and wont suggest no body ..so if you are not desperate seeking for a Job .. stay a way
2 yrs ago and you're now telling about your exp,don't you think its better telling the folks at the time it happened?

i want to thank every one for your help. i am starting school Monday at C1 in fort worth through CRST they seem like a good company and only ask for a 8 month contract.
I would rethink that brother. Look into Henderson in Caseyville IL. I went through them almost a year ago. They train and it's a smaller company that hauls mostly Prime freight. No contract. No team driving. You go through their school and go out with a trainer for 4 weeks then you get your own truck. I average 3000 miles a week. .38 CPM. I did extensive research on all of this before jumping in. I found Henderson had everything I was looking for. It's much more personal with fewer drivers and so far I have no complaints. Few people do. You don't read too many bad things about Henderson. CRST? Not so much!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread