Trucking News: Canadian Trucking News: Trucking Regulations: Navitruck - Low Bridges avoidance system & SAFE Truck GPS

navitruck

Hello Everyone,

Just launched our new Low Bridges alerts & SAFE Truck GPS mobile app. Works offline, during navigation, route deviation or just in background.

Basically you can start the app, leave in foreground or background and it will just alert you early enough to tale an exit when there's a low bridge or other obstacle / restriction in your way.

On top of that, the app also support several other capabilities, to list the most important:
- Multip-stop trips routing, taking into account the vehicle dimensions & load attributes as well as traffic.
- Search for stops, including truck stops, repair, services...
- Turn by Turn navigation with lane assistance and voice guidance
- 3D Offline maps
- Road sign support, the application will warn you about important road features ahead of time, for example, school zone, steep hill upwards/downwards, sharp curve, stop, give way, pedestrian crossing, or risk of truck rollover and a lot more... this way you are always one step ahead.
- Configure multiple vehicle profiles

Our first 1K subscribers gets a discounter as long as the subscription is kept. You can benefit from our introductory offer or try it for free for a week.

IPhones & IPads
Android Devices - The latest version for Android devices is still being reviewed / approved by google, should happen anytime now. I'll update here once done though. For IOS all good. latest version live and contains all features.

We are also looking for partnering opportunities with a couple of trucking companies, obviously there would be advantages in the pricing in this case, therefore do not hesitate to get in touch: [email protected]

Below a quick preview

Regards
Navitruck Team

IMG_1847.png
IMG_BF35963596BC-1.jpegIMG_1820.PNG

Last edited:

GAnthony

No soup for you...!!
Premium
as it is, dumbshits don't even read. i cannot see anyone taking the time to read the screen. or even listening to the warnings.

good idea, but i cannot see anyone actually paying any attention.

you also do not mention pricing.

navitruck

as it is, dumbshits don't even read. i cannot see anyone taking the time to read the screen. or even listening to the warnings.

good idea, but i cannot see anyone actually paying any attention.

you also do not mention pricing.
Understand.
The idea is to pre-plan SAFE routes and then if you deviate from it or for some reasons you don't have time to pre-plan routes you still get alerted by the app in case you're heading towards a low bridge.
The app supports all the above use cases, from pre-planning multi-stop trips to alerting.

Also, we wanted to help save energy and time by alerting about road features long before they come. Like a steep hill or a school zone or a risk of truck turn over. No point accelerating if you know steep hill downward in 900 m or school zone etc...

Regards,
Navitruck Team

389 Hood

Since no one else has asked...

Does this app have the ability to utilize both the Metric and the American Standard of measurement? I see everything is in the Metric system on the display. Further, your post times all indicate that you reside in Mid to Western Europe.

Great idea, nonetheless! Somehow, I just can't see the American steering wheel holder really giving the app much thought. If you were to see the displays of stupidity, you would scratch your head in amazement that they even manage to get the door open. I'm not sure if this is a view of the world as far as drivers are concerned.

navitruck

Yep. Based in Switzerland here.
Yes works with the Metric system and Imperial.
There's a small bug though in the switch between metric and imperial and we'll be releasing a fix this week.

I tried to make the app as intuitive as possible, nevertheless there's always improvements. I hope it will improve safety and enable saving energy and time for peoples.

Again, any feedback always welcome.

Regards,
Navitruck

GAnthony

No soup for you...!!
Premium
Understand.
The idea is to pre-plan SAFE routes and then if you deviate from it or for some reasons you don't have time to pre-plan routes you still get alerted by the app in case you're heading towards a low bridge.
The app supports all the above use cases, from pre-planning multi-stop trips to alerting.

Also, we wanted to help save energy and time by alerting about road features long before they come. Like a steep hill or a school zone or a risk of truck turn over. No point accelerating if you know steep hill downward in 900 m or school zone etc...

Regards,
Navitruck Team
pre-plan...??? pre-plan...??

don't you read the message boards, here and nearly every place else..>??

far too often, these dumbasses that are so-called drivers, DO NOT PRE-PLAN, they ain't like your grand-dad's Oldsmobile......meaning, they are the "new Breed" that THINK they KNOW EVERYTHING, and the world will OBEY thier commands.....

take a look at all the pictures and videos of "the Dragon" in the state of TN (i think that's where the Dragon is)

then tell ME they PRE-PLAN...!!!!!!

389 Hood

The app creator is in Switzerland. Unless he's a traveled individual, I doubt he's familiar with The Dragon.

GAnthony

No soup for you...!!
Premium
The app creator is in Switzerland. Unless he's a traveled individual, I doubt he's familiar with The Dragon.
and this is why he needs to check things out, before touting his app, or whatever he's trying to sell.

me personally, i think that any GPS, or app shows a road is safe (and isn't) ought to be sued for ALL damages.

i am dead set against GPS...maps are far better, that is, if the ****nuts took the time to learn, how to read them....

navitruck

Yep travelled and know the US.
Long story short, not looking to argue, I do respect everyone's view and do not claim I know the road better than truckers. totally respect that.

This app is meant as a help and in no way can substitute the driver who is in control at all times and takes the decisions. There can always be errors in the data or in the software.

The idea here is to provide complementary information and alerts to improve road safety.
I hope peoples indeed start taking the road more seriously.

Last edited:

GAnthony

No soup for you...!!
Premium
Yep travelled and know the US.
Long story short, not looking to argue, I do respect everyone's view and do not claim I know the road better than truckers. totally respect that.

This app is meant as a help and in no way can substitute the driver who is in control at all times and takes the decisions. There can always be errors in the data or in the software.

The idea here is to provide complementary information and alerts to improve road safety.
I hope peoples indeed start taking the road more seriously.
i would like to see drivers taking things more seriously as well, but we have a "dumbing down" of people here. as a result, no brain surgeons only burger flippers that drive trucks, that cannot read, write of understand simple English.

i wish you well, i really do, but your system must be as "spot on" as all hell for the ignorant jerks that drive trucks these days.

389 Hood

While I'm strictly a local driver, I have no use for the app. But if I hauled products all over the country, I would consider this app after a trial period. The data has to be supplied real-time via satellite connections. The data that is inputted into the system has to also be correct for the app to convey that information to the driver.

I'm not really sure how heavy truck operators act on the roads outside the US. It's been 30+ years since I was in Europe. Here is gets worse by the day. People are put into trucks that have no business even driving a car.

Now...Back to the subject of the thread. I also wish you well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread