Politics National Guard Activated in Massachusetts to........

Mike

Feb 1, 2007
Drive School Busses!

That's right, Americans in the state of Massachusetts are apparently too good to drive a school bus, so we need to bring in the national guard to handle that for them.

I'm sure this is what every national guard member was dreaming of doing when they signed up.

Upvote 0

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Nov 27, 2009
Canadon't
We got a bus driver shortage here and it comes down to the school districts picking the lowest bidding bus company, so obviously the bus company can only pay drivers low wages.
It is a way to make a bit of money if you got young kids at home not of school age yet because they can take the kids with them. Split shifts so they can do grocery shopping or what ever between shifts.

Otherwise it is a shit job that pays very little given the responsibility the job requires and they only pay while drivers are on the route. (rouwt not root).
The solution, pay more!
I don't know I got kicked off the bus in grade 3 and had to walk to school It was only a mile away. It was good for me to have to walk. Look at me now! I am a truck driver "great success" :thumbsup: ;) ! And I don't walk anywhere! :D

Upvote 0

389 Hood

Premium
Nov 17, 2019
Drive School Busses!

That's right, Americans in the state of Massachusetts are apparently too good to drive a school bus, so we need to bring in the national guard to handle that for them.

I'm sure this is what every national guard member was dreaming of doing when they signed up.

Excuse you, sir. It's the 'Commonwealth' of Taxachuchettes. Not the State of!

Upvote 0

BlackBart

Dec 24, 2019
We got a bus driver shortage here and it comes down to the school districts picking the lowest bidding bus company, so obviously the bus company can only pay drivers low wages.
It is a way to make a bit of money if you got young kids at home not of school age yet because they can take the kids with them. Split shifts so they can do grocery shopping or what ever between shifts.

Otherwise it is a shit job that pays very little given the responsibility the job requires and they only pay while drivers are on the route. (rouwt not root).
The solution, pay more!
I don't know I got kicked off the bus in grade 3 and had to walk to school It was only a mile away. It was good for me to have to walk. Look at me now! I am a truck driver "great success" :thumbsup: ;) ! And I don't walk anywhere! :D
You wont even walk the 10 feet from your truck to wherever the roller dogs is cookin? 🤔

:whistling: :biggrin-2:

Upvote 0

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Nov 27, 2009
Canadon't
There is a bus company around the corner from where I work. They are training drivers all the time. Ya, just before the school year starts they train a lot. and then a few weeks later they are training more.
they will train anybody that passes the criminal record search. They will help get a school bus license to anyone.
I guess driver retention is not real strong at the bus company. Not to mention they haven't been working because the school year went to virtual learning on-line.

Reactions: Duck
Upvote 0

Duck

Sarcastic remark goes here
Premium
Aug 3, 2011
Internet
There is a bus company around the corner from where I work. They are training drivers all the time. Ya, just before the school year starts they train a lot. and then a few weeks later they are training more.
they will train anybody that passes the criminal record search. They will help get a school bus license to anyone.
I guess driver retention is not real strong at the bus company. Not to mention they haven't been working because the school year went to virtual learning on-line.
My friends tortured every bus driver we had in high school.

One time a driver hit a curb turning a corner & this ADHD brat Tim yelled at him "where did you get your license jackass"

One time we tied empty metal trash cans to the tow hook on the back of the bus so when it left, it dragged the cans quite a ways before the driver noticed it.

At school while the bus engine was not running, we would lift the release handle on the emergency exit door not far enough to open it but far enough to activate the alarm buzzer, then we'd let freshmen sit in the very back seat thinking they're cool now. When the driver would start the bus, the alarm would go off.

Another time after getting off the bus, we calmly walked halfway up the block, right in the middle of the street so the bus couldn't get past us even though the driver was tapping the horn and telling out the window at us.

Yeah you couldn't pay me enough to deal with teenagers. That was 25-30 years ago. I imagine today's gender confused, blue & green & purple haired snotnosed punks are far worse than we ever were.

Upvote 0

Electric Chicken

Premium
Jul 1, 2016
Another time after getting off the bus, we calmly walked halfway up the block, right in the middle of the street so the bus couldn't get past us even though the driver was tapping the horn and telling out the window at us.
You were antifa before antifa was cool.

Reactions: 389 Hood
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread