National Diesel Average Up 4 Cents Per Gallon

Mike

The national average price for on-highway diesel jumped 4 cents to $2.964 per gallon for the week ending Monday, Sept. 17, 2007.

Ultra-low sulfur diesel increased an average of 3.9 cents from $2.932 to $2.971 for the week, while remaining low-sulfur diesel supplies increased 4.3 cents from $2.891 to $2.934 per gallon, the Energy Information Administration reported.

The largest increase by region for ULSD occurred in the Central Atlantic region where the average price jumped 6.2 cents per gallon from $2.989 to $3.051.

ULSD prices in three other regions cleared the $3 mark.

The New England region reported an increase of 5.7 cents per gallon from $2.968 to $3.025.

In California – where ULSD makes up 100-percent of the on-highway supply – the average price increased 2.8 cents from $2.995 to $3.023 per gallon.

The West Coast region showed an average increase of 2 cents from $2.986 to $3.006 for ULSD.

Each of the remaining five regions averaged above $2.90 per gallon for the ultra-low fuel, the EIA reported.

The cheapest average price for ULSD was $2.904 in the Gulf Coast region, which included a 3.8-cent increase from the previous week.

More...

Damn, this is expensive. I get just about all of my fuel at the Flying J's in Greenwood, LA/Bessemer, AL/and Dallas,TX. Fuel hovers somewhere around 2.90 on average for me.

I sometimes fill up in Temple, GA, depending on where I am headed when I unload in the area, but fuel is always a few cents higher than my other fuel stops at this location.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread