My rant on Mudd Flaps

cassiem0221

I think that all drivers should be required to have a spare set of mud flaps in their truck with them. I don't know how many times I am driving down the road and the truck in front of me has half a mudd flap.. Okay, Did they not do their pre-trip inspection or are they just too stinkin' lazy to put a new one on? I think I would have to hurt my husband if I ever caught him driving with one like that.

I agree with you. With the amount of speed and force that those tires have to throw an object into the vehicle behind it they should be more cautious about this.

I can understand it if the mud flap just came off, but there are many trucks out there that will run without them, knowing they are missing. Really no need for this either as you can pull into just about any truck shop and get one put on.

I can understand it if the mud flap just came off, but there are many trucks out there that will run without them, knowing they are missing. Really no need for this either as you can pull into just about any truck shop and get one put on.

I hadn't thought of that.. LOL Yup, you would imagine a truck stop would have mud flaps. haha. So that just makes me rant more.. there's no excuse not to have 'em unless it just came off right then...

I guess if you're driving to meet a deadline in order to get paid, a missing mudflap probably isn't going to be high on your priority list.

I won't pay a truckstop to put one on my truck, but I will buy one and put it on just as soon as I can find the time, which is usually right when I buy it.

You can fix a mudflap most of the time, if you keep an eye on it and do the repair before it is completely ruined.

Just take it loose, cut a new hole in it with a pocket knife, and bolt it back up. If nothing else, it it a good temporary fix until you have time to get a new one on, get the truck/trailer back through your company's shop.

Every time I've picked up a trailer with a missing mud flap, the bracket was bent which requires a torch to heat it up and straighten it out. In every case I called Road Breakdown and they set up service at the nearest T/A.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread