• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

my journey with Roehl

firecracker24

I finally recieved my call of acceptence from Roehl and boy am i glad:beep:. Im goin to write a review of my days on here from April 7th next monday until futher notice. For all the newbies who are considering this company.

On that note I would like to say that this will be rough on me since it will be the first time im on my own :sadbanana:. My boyfriend always did the fun stuff like fuel up the truck in -10 degrees weather,hooking and unhooking trls so i wouldnt have to get cold and dirty.:D and so after 7 months has decided that trucking is not the lifestyle for him,and i want him to know that i miss him already,and that i support his decision.Good luck sweety.:hug:xoxo.I will keep trucking for the both of us.

Have fun. Always double check that you have lowered or raised the landing gear, connected or disconnected the air lines, and ALWAYS make sure the kingpin and the fifthwheel are locked together before driving away :)

Ditto...same deal with me, my sweetie is now off the truck and movin on...call me sometime and I will buy ya dinner, we could entertain each other and talk about our new lifestyle of trucking alone
good luck & be safe!!!!

I finally recieved my call of acceptence from Roehl and boy am i glad:beep:. Im goin to write a review of my days on here from April 7th next monday until futher notice. For all the newbies who are considering this company.

On that note I would like to say that this will be rough on me since it will be the first time im on my own . My boyfriend always did the fun stuff like fuel up the truck in -10 degrees weather,hooking and unhooking trls so i wouldnt have to get cold and dirty. and so after 7 months has decided that trucking is not the lifestyle for him,and i want him to know that i miss him already,and that i support his decision.Good luck sweety.xoxo.I will keep trucking for the both of us.

Just be carefull there is alot of drivers that will take advantage of a single female drivein .. I for one i been out here 10 yrs and i like it better that way .Just watch your back and im sure you will do fine ...... Get a mean dog to put in the truck to keep away the men lol :stirpot::beep:

just arrived at the motel. its very nice and so far everyone has been great, they keep checking up on me.
on the dog subject this company wont let me have one so i guess ill have to look into a stun gun or something.start orientation tomarrow so ill give feed back then.
loneshewolf how do you do if everyday? i mean being by yourself.im already having boyfriend withdrawls.

You'll be home soon and happy about your decision. Just remember your last fiasco of a company and smile knowing it couldn't really get much worse. Plus, all the feedback about Roehl seems positive in comparison. Keep me informed, of course. You'll do fine. All you need now is more confidence. You already know how to drive, map well enough, deal w/ shippers and consignees... And even fuel the truck(just remember the mileage)! :hug: ;)

Day 2
headache has become of me now but all in all it wasnt that bad of a day. got to the classroom and found out that there was only 5 people!!!thats a plus for me.had to watch a video i seen before with werner that was 10 mins. then did some paper work but not really alot of it.
took a backing test.....learned what i already knew that i cant back.couldnt even get the 45 foot flatbed trl into a small hole.then came the actual safety drive which i did ok with but since it is a 10 speed and im use to a 9 speed i kept missing 6th gear. on the good side of things i got 8.50 for dinner.gonna go get rid of the headache now.

day 3
my orientation is now over.....yea!!!!
did alot of paper work today with alot of just sitting around waiting. got all of my info that i needed as far as getting into terminals and how to pay for fuel.this company is way different than werner and im going to kinda miss useing the QC for everything except for when it messed up. roehl uses a scaning procedure for all paper work and when finshed you get a reciept for what you turn in and i get to keep all original papers just in case something happens. learned also that all of there trls have letters A-D on the tandems to help with the laws in different states. they dont allow tire chains and if you have to use them then find a place to pull over until all clear. no videos today and we got out at 3 so the day wasnt that bad. at least i didnt get a headache. tomarrow i will have to take all my stuff with me to the terminal for a trainer assignment (while everyone else gets a truck) they claim i will only be in training for a week so i guess we will see.
excited to get back on the road but still wish my partner was with me. everything that i see reminds me of him and makes me sad and want to cry.
so far roehl has done everything they said they were going to do including paying for the 35 dollars in fuel i spent to get up here.
terminal is small but comfortable.very small showers but there is a big screen tv in lounge with leather couch, table and microwave. they also have a board for assignments. you put your stuff in an envelope and hang it on the wall for the next driver and go into the next room it you have anything to scan. the main thing i dont like is that there are only loves, pilots and terminals that you can go to for scanning the papers into the system.
now i must figure out how to update the gps i barrowed from my b/f...miss ya babe..

roehl uses a scaning procedure for all paper work and when finshed you get a reciept for what you turn in and i get to keep all original papers just in case something happens.

This is a wonderful feature, something that I used with Crete when I was with them. I didn't want to take my paperwork into the truckstop though, so I got a scanner and scanned all of my paperwork from inside my cab, and it instantly emailed me the confirmation. We scanned everything, including our logs.

This is a wonderful feature, something that I used with Crete when I was with them. I didn't want to take my paperwork into the truckstop though, so I got a scanner and scanned all of my paperwork from inside my cab, and it instantly emailed me the confirmation. We scanned everything, including our logs.

yes it is. it makes life on the road a bit more easier. so you miss crete yet ? lol

day 3
my orientation is now over.....yea!!!!
did alot of paper work today with alot of just sitting around waiting. got all of my info that i needed as far as getting into terminals and how to pay for fuel.this company is way different than werner and im going to kinda miss useing the QC for everything except for when it messed up. roehl uses a scaning procedure for all paper work and when finshed you get a reciept for what you turn in and i get to keep all original papers just in case something happens. learned also that all of there trls have letters A-D on the tandems to help with the laws in different states. they dont allow tire chains and if you have to use them then find a place to pull over until all clear. no videos today and we got out at 3 so the day wasnt that bad. at least i didnt get a headache. tomarrow i will have to take all my stuff with me to the terminal for a trainer assignment (while everyone else gets a truck) they claim i will only be in training for a week so i guess we will see.
excited to get back on the road but still wish my partner was with me. everything that i see reminds me of him and makes me sad and want to cry.
so far roehl has done everything they said they were going to do including paying for the 35 dollars in fuel i spent to get up here.
terminal is small but comfortable.very small showers but there is a big screen tv in lounge with leather couch, table and microwave. they also have a board for assignments. you put your stuff in an envelope and hang it on the wall for the next driver and go into the next room it you have anything to scan. the main thing i dont like is that there are only loves, pilots and terminals that you can go to for scanning the papers into the system.
now i must figure out how to update the gps i barrowed from my b/f...miss ya babe..

well now the fun begins. and in another week you'll be out making some serious pocket change. good for you. good luck and let us all know how your week goes.

IT KINDA SUCKS THAT I HAVE TO GO WITH A TRAINER FOR A WEEK BUT AFTER THINKING OF ALL THE POSITIVE THINGS I HAVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT 100.00 PER EVERYDAY IM IN TRAINING AND GETTING MORE COMFORTIBLE WITH THE EQUIPMENT MIGHT NOT BE A BAD THING.
BULLWINKLE HOW DID YOU GET STARTED WITH SCANING THE PAPERS IN YOUR TRUCK??CAUSE IF THEYLL LET ME I RATHER DO IT THAT WAY.

well bad news roehl fired me today said i was argumentative about the female trainer i had.i dont think i was all i wanted is what was promised to me in writing that i would get a male trainer for the week i was suppose to be out. i have a few people looking into the problem and hopefully they will came up with an answer.this is un called for but as for the company itself i still recomend them to any one. im stuck up in hapeville ga at a bus station and will be here unitl 7 tonight then a bus will come get me take me to savannah for a 6 hour layover. boy what a way to get to jacksonville fl about a 4 hour drive!!!!!come to find out the instrutor told some people that i was swearing about the company "WHICH I WAS NOT!!!"heck i still think this company is great but right now im upset and need to find some way to get to florida quick.........

damm. Good luck. So being fired did that negate the contract where they still hold papers for your cdl? Hope this doesn't black list you down the road for futer endevors.

She had no contract with Roehl. Her license isn't effected. They had written a list of things she'd need and things she'd get and sent it in the mail. I'm a bit surprised at the end of things. I know her well enough to say I simply cannot believe she was arguing with anyone or swearing. She's just not that type. Unlike anyone at Roehl, I've spent months at a time with her. In that time she's yelled at me only once I can remember. And she's never really been into swearing. In reality, she's more likely to look around 1st to be sure no small children are nearby. Even then she won't just be foul-mouthed about things. She's that conscious of her language. Me... I'm a tad different.;)

holy cow, your in my stomping grounds. i could have helped you out to get back to jax. hope everything worked out for you

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread