More Experts Say Americans Should Wear Masks

And here's just the mask for lady truckers to stay safe. I got this from a gal I know from Legion Post 1 (Anchorage). My hottie libertarian (not libertine, boys) friend wants one.

View attachment 61902
Just realized that I forgot to post a pic of the gal who wants that mask and who has the "balls" (her word -- always thought that they were nuts, specifically chestnuts) to wear one. She just posted that she used a plasma cutter today. I might have to fire up one of those "go fund me" things for her so she can get one for herself. This gal ain't afraid to work -- she has a landscaping business.

CeanNCurves.jpg

Don't kid yourselves about this - it will be months before these guys crank out one of them.
This is from an article published on Apr. 6, regarding Xerox:
"They project making 40,000 ventilators this month alone."
...and this is just one company.

I think you underestimate the magnitude of the problem.
Here is Vox making excuses explaining how WHO and CDC got it so wrong, when the facts playing out are far from the Armageddon the Chicken Littles have been screaming about.

To begin with we wasted as much as eight weeks after the intelligence community and the Sec'y if Health began warning about the the virus appearing both dangerous and very likely to spread here. Imagine if we had begun this big push at the beginning of February. As Governor Cuomo said today, we've been behind the eightball since the beginning. That will cost American lives.
We have been. But that's because the information received as late as January 30 was there was "limited human-to-human transmission," according to WHO, which finally released a Public Health Emergency of International Concern at that time, even though they were still saying human-to-human transmission was not a huge concern. Our government immediately took steps to limit travel from affected countries, but the individual who pulled that trigger was derided as "racist" for doing it, with one national politician underscoring that accusation on Feb. 25th, when she pointedly conducted a publicity stunt from Chinatown in San Francisco.

You're only as good as the information you're getting. Here is a reminder of the timeline:

You ain't got a female relative handy with a needle and thread?
Only women can sew? How incredibly sexist of you.

Is there anything else you feel like being wrong about?

Here is Vox making excuses explaining how WHO and CDC got it so wrong, when the facts playing out are far from the Armageddon the Chicken Littles have been screaming about.

We have been. But that's because the information received as late as January 30 was there was "limited human-to-human transmission," according to WHO, which finally released a Public Health Emergency of International Concern at that time, even though they were still saying human-to-human transmission was not a huge concern. Our government immediately took steps to limit travel from affected countries, but the individual who pulled that trigger was derided as "racist" for doing it, with one national politician underscoring that accusation on Feb. 25th, when she pointedly conducted a publicity stunt from Chinatown in San Francisco.

You're only as good as the information you're getting. Here is a reminder of the timeline:

Only women can sew? How incredibly sexist of you.

Is there anything else you feel like being wrong about?
Men can do it... we just suck at it :smile:

The key word in your reference is "disposable." That requires a trained medical technician to manually operate it 24/7/365, and are only intended as a temporary aid to breathing. What is needed are the fully automatic machines. GM for one, indicates that they won't be able to produce a machine like that until late summer. Be aware that equipment like this is both delicate and complicated, and if it doesn't work properly can just as easily kill a patient as save them. Medical device manufacturing is as different from pretty much making anything else as you can possibly imagine.

Our national intelligence resources were indicating this was a threat to us in November...

Only women can sew?

The one individual I responded to indicated he was having problems. He's good with hammers, not needles and thread. How incredibly unkind of you to twist my words into a general comment - which it wasn't.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread