Mobile preps

phoenix827

Ok, how much can be done on the road? I know space and weight is an issue, looking for ways to work around it.

in any emergency situation the first thing you need is water, in a truck I would get a very good water filter mine will make around 2000 gallons before you need to replace it;

second in priorities is shelter which you kinda have already but be on the lookout for more secure places to make up camp.
a few bic lighters,
third is food I always had a box of MRE's with me

keep in your truck a duffel bag in the truck with at least rope, survival knives, a compass, mess kit, fish hooks and line, an ax, a small tool kit, several flashlights and batteries, a good idea to have a lamp that you can wear on your head. oh plenty of para cord, a collapsible 5 gallon container, blanket, pair of boots, sturdy clothing including warm coat, sock hat, gloves extra socks and underwear which will still leave you room to add what ever you can think of yourself

All are planned already. Mostly looking for what is possible as far as long distance GHB and defense. Especially while I am training and in someone sales truck. A small GHB is good for that, but I am thinking long term. I also need to get my wife more up to speed with what I have done here and how to use it and stuff. It would be my luck to have the SHTF while I am on the west coast and not be at least somewhat ready to get back east. And yes, getting into better shape is pretty high on my list too. Not in bad shape, but it in great shape either.

I came here thinking it was going to be about meal preps. It would be nice to get some tips on meal preps while driving or even just while in motion.

Can't you just drive back to your bunker? I mean, I doubt anybody's gonna care if you're out of hours at that point.
Ok, I am REALLY gonna make it sound like Nutjob Central" now. :) In the event of something major doing down, nuke attack, EMP, (manmade or natural), whatever you like. Either electronics are gonna be fried, gridlock is going to be massive, people are going to be hostile as hell and going after anything that moves, (Reginald Denny ring a bell?), etc. Driving home would be great, but maybe not feasible. Just trying to get/stay prepared.

Ok, I am REALLY gonna make it sound like Nutjob Central" now. :) In the event of something major doing down, nuke attack, EMP, (manmade or natural), whatever you like. Either electronics are gonna be fried, gridlock is going to be massive, people are going to be hostile as hell and going after anything that moves, (Reginald Denny ring a bell?), etc. Driving home would be great, but maybe not feasible. Just trying to get/stay prepared.
Learn to fly

I was gonna shoot that down, but actually, an ultralight or paraglider might survive an EMP. I just need to be near an airport when it all happens. :)

I was gonna shoot that down, but actually, an ultralight or paraglider might survive an EMP. I just need to be near an airport when it A lot of small planes are stored in metal hangers. Many of them will survive an EMP. An older one without the new fancy electronics will be the best best. I know some pilots that have saved older instruments just in case.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread