Missouri law changes truck inspection rule for roadsides

Mike

New rules soon to take effect in Missouri cover truck rules that include roadside inspections.

Gov. Mike Parson signed into law the 78-page bill. The lengthy piece of legislation covers a variety of transportation issues, including a provision that addresses concern about random commercial vehicle inspections.

Previously SB881, the new law specifies that roadside safety inspections are not permitted on the shoulder of highways with a posted speed limit in excess of 40 mph. Inspections can be carried out, however, on the shoulder at any entrance or exit areas where there is “adequate” room to safely perform inspections.

Missouri law changes truck inspection rule for roadsides

Does this really need legislation? Last time I was pulled over I betcha I drove 5-10 miles, easy. Between 3-4 lane changes and looking for a safe spot to stop. I wasn’t “evading” I needed real estate to park, safely. The LEO never even brought it up, in fact. It was actually a fairly positive traffic stop, in fact.

I wish getting pulled over wasn’t a monthly tradition but it’s part of trucking I guess :dunno:

Yes, they need it. Not for the interstates, but for the other highways where they like to pull you over on the side for inspections. Iowa needs this law as well.

I doubt if I got pulled over or pulled around back once a year, keeping a truck clean and not bringing attention to yourself goes a long way in keeping problems at bay

I call it DWF. Driving While Flatbedding.

It’s profiling, is what it is. :mad:

Usually they just wanna look at what’s on the deck and check papers

Usually :cautious:

Heck they woke me up one night to check my bills to see if it was stolen
:coocoo:

So that one doesn’t count. I was already pulled over sleeping :thefinger:

Why would you answer the door?
I have had people and sure some of them were LEO's . **** off I am sleeping.:thefinger:
Roll over and go back to sleep
I figured at 3:00 am it might be important.

Mostly though I wanted the prink to stop banging on my door and bunk at 3:00 am. Holy **** how can I sleep through that racket :mad:
:bigpaddle:

Think I've been pulled over once in a big truck but been back a few times, hence the scale dodging. **** every last one of em.

Also someone needs to pass this memo to Delaware. They've had a one sided orgy in progress every time I've went through.

One of the few times I have been pulled over in Ontario, I WAS Scale dodging:D Oakville cops got me. They were shining their flashlight at my slack adjusters on the trailer.
The trailer brakes are not set numbnuts!:foreheadslap:
They sent me to the scalehouse.:dunno:
Anyway Derek conducted an inspection when I was ordered to the scalehouse. After the:foreheadslap: inspection Derek asked where they had caught me and I told him.
Derek asked what did you tell the Oakville cops?
I told them I got off the highway to get a Tim Hortons.:thumbsup::D:canada:
Derek, So they didn't believe you?
Apparently not because here I am at your scalehouse.:biglaugh:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread