Minnesota's BioDiesel Requirements

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
ALBERT LEA, Minn. (KTTC) -- Every spring soy beans are planted. When they grow they are used in many areas, but one is making its mark in Minnesota, and that is biodiesel.

"The biodiesel has been a great part of being a soybean producer. It adds value to our product," says farmer Corey Hansen.

During the winter months a lower grade B-5 biodiesel is used all across the state instead of higher grades like B-10.

Continued: http://www.kttc.com/story/25582942/2014/05/21/minnesota-goes-to-a-higher-grade-biodiesel-come-july

green laws are going rampant across the country.
Idaho is already requiring B20.
you can thank commieforina for this crapola:mad:. so all the other states will follow commieforina now. I have no problem with being green but the fugging govement should have gave manufactures time to develop crap that works as well

I wish I knew where the paper went.

Couple years back, I had to do a paper for an "Energy and the Environment" class I took.

The basic jist of it was that comparing 2007 to 1977, The number of Registered cars, CAFE, miles driven annually and such, when you compare ALL those numbers together,

In 2007, the US uses on Average enough oil to have SAVED one Exxon Valdez annually.

That's 1.48 million barrels or about 62,160,000 gallons of fuel.

That's enough fuel for 259,000 trucks with EACH truck getting 240 gallons each.

Considering that the US Average fuel tax is $0.5538 per gallon, that's about $34,424,208 that SOMEONE isn't getting to fix roads.

Nope it is our fault. We keep electing these stupid people to represent us and we keep paying them what ever they wish to charge us for fuel. We could fix this if we really wanted to.

Nope it is our fault. We keep electing these stupid people to represent us and we keep paying them what ever they wish to charge us for fuel. We could fix this if we really wanted to.
I agree with you. but in my book there all liars and crooks. so how can we fix this if America won't get off there butts and take our country back

I say we start by not re-electing any one to any office. We see what newer people can achieve. No Millionaires, No Corporate Business types, No famous personalities, maybe a small bushiness man or just a normal citizens to represent normal citizens.

I know this will require changes in the way out elections are bought, OOPS i meant ran but if the citizens would band together it could be done.

I say we start by not re-electing any one to any office. We see what newer people can achieve. No Millionaires, No Corporate Business types, No famous personalities, maybe a small bushiness man or just a normal citizens to represent normal citizens.

I know this will require changes in the way out elections are bought, OOPS i meant ran but if the citizens would band together it could be done.
totally agree

Well we should get started, see how many people that are willing to give it a chance. We may be able to pull this together.

That needs to be done, but I have a suspicion that if it actually did, the only thing that would happen is the special interest groups who currently bribe legislators would simply get a price break.

While it may cost a million dollars to bribe a guy who's already a millionaire, an ordinary Joe could be bought off a lot cheaper. Give him a $40,000 Mustang & he'll vote for whatever you want.

That needs to be done, but I have a suspicion that if it actually did, the only thing that would happen is the special interest groups who currently bribe legislators would simply get a price break.

While it may cost a million dollars to bribe a guy who's already a millionaire, an ordinary Joe could be bought off a lot cheaper. Give him a $40,000 Mustang & he'll vote for whatever you want.

Nope must insert a new ruling of one vote for one person. No organizational groups or lobbyist allowed that has to be made E-legal . If you want change you call your repersentive, allow no one to do it for any one but them selves

you can thank commieforina for this crapola:mad:. so all the other states will follow commieforina now. I have no problem with being green but the fugging govement should have gave manufactures time to develop crap that works as well
This will never happen because the manufacturers are only going to produce what the consumer wants.

When it comes to emissions, manufacturers have to be pushed into it.

And unfortunately, the only true way to test the durability and reliability of the new technology is to put it out there. You can run a few test trucks out there, but it won't give you the true picture.

Same thing happens with passenger vehicles. the 7.3 Power Stroke that Ford put in their trucks for years was an outstanding engine. In the beginning though, it was an absolute nightmare. Took a few model years to get it right. Then they released the 6.0 Diesel. Guess what? another nightmare. During the beginnings for both these engines, hot shot owner ops who were unfortunate enough to by one of the bad ones were going bananas, spending more time in the shop than on the road.

I didn't work in the Chevy dealership, but dealt with many of their trade ins. They had pure hell with the allison transmissions in their heavy duty trucks. When one showed up for a trade in, first thing we did was take a sniff of the pure black burned up tranny fluid and knew why they were trying to get rid of it.

I do not care so long as their are no tax breaks for blending the fuel.

If it is a viable option to replace oil based diesel then let it be sold on it's merits.

Kinda like all these people buying "non-ethanol" gas for $.30-$.40 more per gallon. Knuckleheads they are. I had a Great Uncle never bought a gallon of gasoline in his life.

Always had plenty of fuel though ;)

I do not care so long as their are no tax breaks for blending the fuel.

If it is a viable option to replace oil based diesel then let it be sold on it's merits.

Kinda like all these people buying "non-ethanol" gas for $.30-$.40 more per gallon. Knuckleheads they are. I had a Great Uncle never bought a gallon of gasoline in his life.

Always had plenty of fuel though ;)
For a while a few years back, in Iowa, the mid-grade was cheaper than the regular unleaded. The mid-grade was 10% farmer **** & the regular was straight gasoline. When I'd run my PV's back & forth to the yard, going west I'd plan on being almost out of gas when I get to Davenport so I could fill up on 100% gas. I'd get about 3-4 mpg more in Iowa burning real gas than I do with that ethanol-tainted crap.

Ethanol is an inferior motor fuel due to a lower energy content & the cost of manufacture. The only reason it's comparable in price to straight gasoline is because it's subsidized. If it was sold on it's merit it would cost more per gallon. It's been a while since I read up on it so I don't remember how much more per gallon but it's significant.

Alcohol also attracts water & likes to evaporate.

I don't know much about biodiesel though, other than that it's stupid to use it in the winter because it gets thick like syrup in the cold, at temps warmer than the point where regular fossil diesel begins to gel up.

OK.

I would point out there is no such animal as ethanol free gas anymore. But hey Raymond and Chris swear they get more mowing, better mileage, and less break downs...

Ok.

Never worried about it overly much. Just seems silly when I used to watch an old assed Coronet dust similar vehicles knowing what was in the tank. Maybe it was his special blend.

OK.

I would point out there is no such animal as ethanol free gas anymore. But hey Raymond and Chris swear they get more mowing, better mileage, and less break downs...
Not any more. I said for a while there a few years back, in Iowa.

Last time I gassed up a 4 wheeler in Iowa though, it was all tainted with farmer ****. In Illinois it's been 10% farmer urine as far back as I remember.

The only way I know of to get gasoline that's not tainted with farmer **** is to leave it in a vented container out in the sun for a few weeks so the farmer **** evaporates out. I'm not even sure if that'll work either. Some ultralight aircraft pilot told me that's what he does with his gas for the plane before mixing the 2-cycle oil into it. I didn't ask to see his degrees in chemistry.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread