Mexican Trucks Coming To United States This Weekend (Sept 1, 2007)

sportsou

Staff member
WASHINGTON -- Five groups in the U.S. have filed lawsuits seeking an emergency stay of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration's plan to proceed with the controversial Mexican truck pilot project as early as this Labor Day weekend.

The Teamsters union says it was told by FMCSA officials that the government agency intends to grant authority on Sept. 1 for Mexican trucks to drive beyond the 15-mile border zone throughout the entire United States.

"What a slap in the face to American workers -- opening the highways to dangerous trucks on Labor Day weekend, one of the busiest driving weekends of the year," said Teamsters General President Jim Hoffa.

The pilot project involves 100 selected Mexican carriers, representing about 1,000 trucks.

more...

How fitting, they wait until "labor Day", and it happens the same month they will be cutting our driving hours back.

What I cannot figure out is why the US caters to Mexico so much. Tell them no and mean it for a change. This does nothing but harm US workers.

I just finished writing about this subject on my blog. It really bothers me that our government thinks that bringing in Mexican trucks will benefit this industry. If you ask me, the folks that we voted into office suck ass and I can't wait until we can vote out these current "so called" leaders of the USA.

lets shut them down if they let these work for nothing junk boxes across the border they will cut the rates to the point that you really will not make money will not even brake even if it happens i say the end of the month shut the trucks off all american truckers the only way to hit these people{the rich corporations who want this}is in their wallets.AMERICA STOPS!!!! pass the word end of the month shut down and all these people with payments who cry they cant afford to remember the bank will own the truck anyway if this happens so why work for free

True. I get why the politicians cater to Mexicans. But I can't see why the average American does. It just doesn't makes sense.

True. I get why the politicians cater to Mexicans. But I can't see why the average American does. It just doesn't makes sense.

They are just not safe, they refuse to follow our rules, so why do they get to use our roads?

It's called globalization ladies and gent's. I hate to be the barer of bad news, but your entire government, dems and republicans are on the same side. We The People on one side, and the elite,corporation's and government on the other.Go to YOU TUBE and search for NASCO. It stands for North American Super Corridor. I-35, the same highway the St. Paul bridge just happened to collapse!!! While your researching how corrupt your elected officials are you may as well look up NWO or New World Order and The Great Conspiracy on google video. We need to stop this treason before we have no liberties left at all !!! Our forefathers weren't afraid to stand up to these tyrants and neither are we.They are using Terror to keep you living in fear so they can strip you of your freedom.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread