• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Maverick or Schneider?

chevy454

which of these companies is better to start with i live in LA. and i want to flatbed i read a lot of people said schneider was a good school to get training but i dont hear to much about Maverick, where i live at i see a lot more flatbeds than any others i eventually want to be a flatbed o/o

i thought they had stopped hiring student drivers for just a period of time...how good is a company is Maverick to start out with? im in the process of getting my record expunged so until then i will be looking for the right school for me

Schneider is a good company.

Before you get your hopes up for running a skate board, you may wish to reconsider. There's an entire world of difference between running a box trailer and a flatbed. You're responsible for the loading of the flatbed, including securing the load. I'd want to run team with an experienced skate boarder for a couple of years before I would even attempt to run solo.

Of those I have spoken with, most speak well of Maverick. I hear they give you pretty good flatbed training.

And yes, Schneider is only taking experienced drivers right now, and in most cases, only looking for drivers who will team.

how is Werner flatbed division?
I drove for Werner almost 3 yrs and at that time was good friends with a driver in the flatbed division.He at that time liked it and ran mainly the west coast.But times are tough right now everywhere so I would rethink going to Werner.

i hear that. esp since they weigh anywhere from 75# to 150# each. I never got into it because of the cold weather up north. I just could not imagine tarping a load in Wisconsin in January.

Stay away from Maverick They will screw you over at the first chance they get. Schneider does not have a Flatbed div. any more, Maverick bought it and made it their Spec. Div. for Hauling glass.

Im a current skateboarder. I would stay away from werner. I still hear things about them... With that said either one of those companies would be good. Maverick I think would be your better choice if they will hire you. But do alot of background checking!! Yes it is hard work. You will have to do everything they said. Lets me say wind really sucks. Its great exercise and as long as you think of it that way you'll do good.

i hear that. esp since they weigh anywhere from 75# to 150# each. I never got into it because of the cold weather up north. I just could not imagine tarping a load in Wisconsin in January.

Oh come on you mean that this isn't fun for ya?? sissy swinger.. Its not that bad if you have the right clothes. Oh and a blow torch!!:p

Oh come on you mean that this isn't fun for ya?? sissy swinger.. Its not that bad if you have the right clothes. Oh and a blow torch!!:p

I 'm a sourthern boy. Cold weather and i don't mix well. I like the nice warm weather down here. BTW it is gonna be 84 here today. :bounce:

And i like that sissy swinger comment, never heard that one before. :tiphat:

Im a current skateboarder. I would stay away from werner. I still hear things about them... With that said either one of those companies would be good. Maverick I think would be your better choice if they will hire you. But do alot of background checking!! Yes it is hard work. You will have to do everything they said. Lets me say wind really sucks. Its great exercise and as long as you think of it that way you'll do good.

I thought you were still doing reefer. :popcorn:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread