Politics Matthew McConaughey for Texas Governor?

Duck

Sarcastic remark goes here
Premium
Aug 3, 2011
Internet
There are only two actors I've heard of who became good politicians.

Ronald Reagan and Charleton Heston.

They started out as Hollywood democrats but Reagan evolved into a human being in 1962, and Heston in 1972.

Arnold Schwarzenegger served as governor of California once, as a so-called "Republican", but he's married into the Kennedy family. The only good member of the Kennedy family has been dead since 1963.

Jesse Ventura can be considered an actor because wrestling is fake. But he ceased being a human being the minute he decided to sue Chris Kyle's widow.

There are a handful of good decent conservative actors such as Clint Eastwood, Denzel Washington, Joe Rogan, Rob Schneider, Tim Allen, Jon Voight, Lindsey Lohan (sorta), Mel Gibson, Candace Cameron and her brother Kirk, and a bunch of others I can't think of right now. But none of them have entered politics.

I don't consider Trump to have been an actor.

Upvote 0

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Nov 27, 2009
Canadon't
Oh come on Trump did have a cameo appearance in Home alone 2.
I think they deleted that scene though.
I didn't know Denzel was a republican. I learn something new.

Matthew McConaughey. Well, Alright, alright, alright! Got any weed? Because it would be a whole lot cooler if ya did!
1628724231489.png

Reactions: Duck
Upvote 0

Sinister

pari animositate
Premium
Mar 19, 2009
Lost.
There are only two actors I've heard of who became good politicians.

Ronald Reagan and Charleton Heston.

They started out as Hollywood democrats but Reagan evolved into a human being in 1962, and Heston in 1972.

Arnold Schwarzenegger served as governor of California once, as a so-called "Republican", but he's married into the Kennedy family. The only good member of the Kennedy family has been dead since 1963.

Jesse Ventura can be considered an actor because wrestling is fake. But he ceased being a human being the minute he decided to sue Chris Kyle's widow.

There are a handful of good decent conservative actors such as Clint Eastwood, Denzel Washington, Joe Rogan, Rob Schneider, Tim Allen, Jon Voight, Lindsey Lohan (sorta), Mel Gibson, Candace Cameron and her brother Kirk, and a bunch of others I can't think of right now. But none of them have entered politics.

Jesse Ventura had a lot of movie roles. He was in Predator and if you really want to laugh he was in The Running Man opposite Arnold as some really bad villain that had lightning farts or something.

Worse than the ones @Mike is gonna have from eating SIX tacos in Mexico.

Reactions: Duck
Upvote 0

SomethingElse

Apr 26, 2011
All those republicans in our state legislature are actors. They're just playing the part of conservatives. But shoved some very progressive like legislation down our throats.
Like cutting the property tax rate a smidgen. But increasing the property values by more than double (in many cases) So people ended up paying more in taxes.
That's some sneaky progressive BS, right der.

Trump? Yeah he was an actor. He played the part of a republican.

Upvote 0

Duck

Sarcastic remark goes here
Premium
Aug 3, 2011
Internet
I didn't know Denzel was a republican. I learn something new
I just saw this.

I'd vote for McConaughey because he was in that one movie.
I know you intended that as a joke but unfortunately most people seem to be unable to differentiate between actors and the roles they play.

Tom Cruise is a not a fighter jet pilot in real life.

Brad Pitt would probably get the shit beat out of him in a real fight because if your pretty-boy face is your ticket to stardom, you're not going to risk getting a broken nose.

Matt Damon is not a secret government agent or an astronaut SuperBotanist.

Will Smith does not fight space aliens.

Upvote 0

Electric Chicken

Premium
Jul 1, 2016
I just saw this.

I know you intended that as a joke but unfortunately most people seem to be unable to differentiate between actors and the roles they play.

Tom Cruise is a not a fighter jet pilot in real life.

Brad Pitt would probably get the shit beat out of him in a real fight because if your pretty-boy face is your ticket to stardom, you're not going to risk getting a broken nose.

Matt Damon is not a secret government agent or an astronaut SuperBotanist.

Will Smith does not fight space aliens.
Of course Tom Cruise isn't a fighter jet pilot. He's actually a bartender and race car driver. And a Navy lawyer. He doesn't have time to ACTUALLY fly planes. 🙄

Upvote 0

389 Hood

Premium
Nov 17, 2019
But he does actually fly planes. He was flying in the movie Top Gun. He does all of his own stunts up to and including the fighter jet roles. I'm not sticking up for him in any way, in fact, I really don't even like him for various reasons. Like Travolta and Leno and a few others, he has his own jet(s).

Upvote 0

Uncle Birchy

Jul 18, 2011
I don't know enough about his politics to say yes or no. But he says some things that I agree with. But there's a lot of politicians that say things I agree with, that I'd never vote for.

Matthew McConaughey Reveals The Best Advice He's Received On Running For Governor

Welp some decades ago Jesse Ventura the Wrestler won Minnesota and ran St Paul..

He was a Shoe In for Re-election and Ventura said Screw this Crap and he Stepped Down..

I think Tim Pawlenty won next race @mndriver could "verify" in that he actually lives up there

California early 2000sArnold Schwarzenegger..

Recalled Gray Davis..

Arnold "Terminator" ran GOP and served 2/3 terms in Sacramento

Reactions: SomethingElse
Upvote 0

Uncle Birchy

Jul 18, 2011
Lt. Colonel Allen West is running for Governor in Texas. I'd vote for him over someone who plays make believe for a living.
They can't throw the "Race" Card either..

In California Elder is a "Black" conservative talk show host..

He also tells a story how his Father was a Janitor worked hard still could Buy a House..

Today his boyhood home in South Central LA is worth nearly 3)4 a Million Dollars..

Elders "Message" is that CALIFORNIA used to be a Place of Hopes & Dreams..

Today our Young People are "LEAVING" because they can't even make enough $$$ to get Started Anymore..

Now @krelit house

Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread