MATS 2018

I haven’t been to MATS for quite a few years now. Thanks for posting the pics. I like the old trucks.
Maybe I’ll get back there next year.

If you're going to stay it pays to get here early in the week. There's a bazillion truckers here. The parking is supervised so if the lots are full, you wait in the street until a spot opens. Then a guide car takes you back. Shuttle busses run from the outlying lots to the venue on a regular basis. A lot of folks are renting cars too.

We haven't had any trouble booking an Uber to get to and from downtown for dinner in the evening. Plenty of on-site entertainment too.

The Uber tent just happens to be close to where some of the guys are parked. There is plenty of other entertainment sponsored by other outfits too.

Damn...
I wish I would have known you were there, I would have tried to split a pokechop sammich with you.
We left Wed morning and stayed in Louisville's crappiest motel!!
:biggrin-2:
A lot of MATS regulars book their rooms for next year when they check out.
Getting decent accommodations at the last minute is a feat!!

I started to post something here several times but I was 'iffy' right up until Tuesday afternoon due to health reasons.
I made it to the memorial for Jim Johnston, one of the FMCSA's ELD propaganda/misinformation sessions and a couple of other things.

I didn't see your posts until Friday evening and we split Saturday morning.
Too bad.
:frown:

I didn't take many pics because I figured there would be so many (better than I could do) available.
I did take this one just to titty-twist @Skateboard puller and the other knuckle-dragging penis-envy square hood elitists on TFN!!

:wink:

1522023115670.png

Hey @ironpony ,
How was Pappa John's this year.
I wanted to get over there and have a breakfast or lunch a coupla times to support St Christopher's food tent and I enjoy the atmosphere.
It's like a block party.

I haven't been for a few years but the last I heard they pretty much shut down all the charities from cooking in the parking lot.
I was a little surprised to read that St Christopher's planned to serve 3 meals a day.
I heard that the vendors were bitching because the charities were siphoning business from them but I also heard there was a lot of drama between some of the 'regulars' that all thought they were making the rules for everyone else.

Everyone showed a lot of class the last time I was there (in the lot).
You'd be hard pressed to find a gum wrapper on the ground, let alone pee bottles anything like that.

You got a double-bunk @ironpony ?
:stare2:
Me n the wife could have slept there!
Woulda saved me $150 per night on the $30 flop where I ended up!
:mad-97:

I'm a regular fart machine at times since the surgery but I would have made up for it by buying your coffee every morning.

I think it's only fair that you split the cost of my room since you screwed me over on staying in your truck!!
:mad:
You owe me $225...
I want my money!!

You got a double-bunk @ironpony ?
:stare2:

Yeah, but it's storage. :toothpick:

Men the wife could have slept there!

Looks kinda uncomfortable with all that stuff up there ta me!

:eek-64:

Wouldasaved me $150 per night on the $30 flop where I ended up!
:mad-97:

You ain't seen my rate pal! :biglaugh:

I'm a regular fart machine at times since the surgery...

Crap! My odor eaters are already stressed!

:sick:

but I would have made up for it by buying your coffee every morning.

Hmmm... I can guzzle a whole gallon 'o Starbucks!

:surprised:

Ithink it's only fair that you split the cost of my room since you screwed me over on staying in your truck!!
:mad:
You owe me $225...
I want my money!!

So bill me! I'll add to all th' other creditors I regularly stiff!

:thefinger:
:rolllaugh2:

It's cool to look back and remember when Freightliner used to make REAL trucks! The last real truck to roll off the line was the Classic.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread