Martin Transportation Systems to Close Dayton-Area Hub by End of the Year

Mike

(Huber Heights, Ohio) – Logistics provider Martin Transportation Systems will be closing its facility here, putting 105 workers out of a job.

It appears the downturn in manufacturing - especially the auto segment where Michigan-based Martin does a lot of work – took a severe toll on the company, although it did not offer an official reason for the closing. In a statement to Manufacturing & Technology eJournal, company officials declined to comment.

The facility in this suburban Dayton town will close on December 31, according to a letter to the state of Ohio. Some employees at the site were represented by the Teamsters, Local #406.

Martin also operates terminals in Ft. Wayne, Indiana; Marion, Indiana; and Toledo, Ohio in addition to sites in Michigan and Tennessee. It’s unclear if any of these facilities are slated for closings and/or job cuts.

For more information on the company visit MTS - Martin Transportation Systems
View attachment 209View attachment 210

We are beginning to see more and more of these companies consolidating into specific areas because they simply can't afford to stay spread out anymore.

Ultimately, I think this is going to help the owner operator, as these companies are finding it hard to stay spread out and cover freight at low costs all over the place.

i feel if things don't starting changing for the better and soon we will see more rail being used and more expanded LTL trucks and terminals.

Just announced on CNN - DHL air express shutting down. I think located in Wilmington, Ohio ( near columbus)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread