Man saves dog by sucking snake venom from his nose

Cybergal

Man saves dog by sucking snake venom from his nose

CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) -- A man said he saved his dog's life after sucking venom from a rattlesnake bite out of the animal's nose. Bobby Jenkins said he began feeling ill after getting his dog, Tank, to a veterinarian. He went to the hospital and received a dose of antivenin.
In all, Jenkins needed four vials of antivenin at a cost of $3,500 per vial.
Meanwhile, Jenkins said his dog's head swelled up to three times its normal size. Tank had been bitten after running under some equipment on the family ranch.
The dog also received antivenin and both Jenkins and his dog have recovered.
TBO.com - Entertainment From AP

Glad both are OK but doesn't everyone know your not supposed to suck a snake bite?....that went out years ago and this guy proves the point...ya just get sick yourself.

With him residing on a ranch/farm , i am plent sure there are other animals running around, hence a replacement for said dog. With that being said there is no way i am sucking boogers/venom out of a dogs nose. It would have went to the vet in the first place and let nature take its course.

I'm suprised the dog even survived..I thought that the blood flow from the nose would hit the brain rather swiftly and kill the animal in short order..Guess I'm wrong on that...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread