Politics Man arrested for tricking "voters"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomethingElse

Apr 26, 2011
In this age of post modernism the majority of people don’t want conservatism. The conservative world view is too cut and dry. It’s either right or wrong. That flies in the face of the modern philosophical view of multiple truths and everything is right if you “feel” it’s right for you.

In 2007, I was a huge supporter of the Tea Party. And everything was going fine with that, until the republicans infiltrated our group and screwed it all up. They brought their pro war, big government supporting selves with them. The crowned Sarah Palin the queen of the Tea party. By 2009, the Tea Party was nothing more than an extension of the GOP.
And useless at that point.

This country needs a big dose of Goldwater.

Upvote 0

SomethingElse

Apr 26, 2011
I wouldn’t be so sure about that. Even on the right look at the numbers that are ok with abortion, multiple genders, gay marriage, legalized drugs, and prostitution.

even among this small group there are more than a few for legalizing what they consider “no victim” crimes. I’m not going to argue these points because that’s not the point of my post.

1. Abortion: Every time the "sanctity of life" bill that's been introduced during a GOP majority, it always seems to get stuck in committee. What's the saying "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem. Republicans don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to this issue. As they (at the federal level) have done nothing to create a solution.
2. Multiple genders, gay marriage: We all have a right to our liberties and pursuit of happiness. As long as it adversely affect others. Getting rid of the governments label of male or female, regardless of the scientific facts, if it makes them happy, that's their liberty. For the life of me, I can't understand why many straight people take such an issue with something that doesn't affect them in the slightest way. Most of us, me included, have only seen a trans-person at a distance or on TV.
3. Victimless Crimes: As a Libertarian, I don't believe the government, any government has the right to prosecute someone who has not adversely affect the live(s) of anyone else. Personal responsibility is just that. Personal. We all should have just as much right to improve our lives, as well as destroy it.

Not debating these issues. Just pointing out my views on them.

Upvote 0

Hammer166

Instigateur №166™
Premium
Feb 22, 2012
Rocky Mountain High
I agree totally. I just don’t see it going back. That is not to say we just roll over and let it happen, I see it as slowing the tide not stopping the flood.

People have bought into the lie and right now they are enjoying it. As with all lies the truth will be shown and there will be a day of reckoning.

We won't see a return to reason until the radicals are chased from the education system. It's no accident that the 60's "pinko commie" is now called "professor." They knew that no rational person would accept their emotion driven tactics, and the way around that is to teach that emoting is far more civilized than thinking with reason.

Upvote 0

Humble pie

What we have is a failure to communicate.
Premium
Dec 16, 2019
1. Abortion: Every time the "sanctity of life" bill that's been introduced during a GOP majority, it always seems to get stuck in committee. What's the saying "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem. Republicans don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to this issue. As they (at the federal level) have done nothing to create a solution.
2. Multiple genders, gay marriage: We all have a right to our liberties and pursuit of happiness. As long as it adversely affect others. Getting rid of the governments label of male or female, regardless of the scientific facts, if it makes them happy, that's their liberty. For the life of me, I can't understand why many straight people take such an issue with something that doesn't affect them in the slightest way. Most of us, me included, have only seen a trans-person at a distance or on TV.
3. Victimless Crimes: As a Libertarian, I don't believe the government, any government has the right to prosecute someone who has not adversely affect the live(s) of anyone else. Personal responsibility is just that. Personal. We all should have just as much right to improve our lives, as well as destroy it.

Not debating these issues. Just pointing out my views on them.
I agree on point one. Point two, well it’s a biblical issue. It’s not an issue of bigotry because we are all sinners myself included. However homosexuality is spoken against in the Bible. Therefore I can not condone it or condone a government that does. It’s a sexual proclivity. And dare I say much in the same sense that a child molester has a proclivity to small children. Are they born that way? Which leads to another point. As a Christian I would have to say God made this person and he made a mistake. How can that be? Same is said for transgender. They are out right saying God messed up and made them incorrect. That is a lie that satan uses to turn people from salvation. Marriage is a religious institution. It was corrupted by “conservative” bigots who were opposed to interracial marriage and they got the government involved to stop it. Well that worked out swimmingly didn’t? No the government has swung the other way. I cannot condone that as scripture says it’s one man and one woman.

Now onto victimless crime. Just because there is no direct victim visible doesn’t mean there aren’t indirect victims. These people often abuse/neglect their children as a direct result of their habits. They steal, commit fraud, and numerous other scams to provide their drugs to continue their life of meaninglessness. Prostitution is no different.

Upvote 0

SomethingElse

Apr 26, 2011
I agree on point one. Point two, well it’s a biblical issue. It’s not an issue of bigotry because we are all sinners myself included. However homosexuality is spoken against in the Bible. Therefore I can not condone it or condone a government that does. It’s a sexual proclivity. And dare I say much in the same sense that a child molester has a proclivity to small children. Are they born that way? Which leads to another point. As a Christian I would have to say God made this person and he made a mistake. How can that be? Same is said for transgender. They are out right saying God messed up and made them incorrect. That is a lie that satan uses to turn people from salvation. Marriage is a religious institution. It was corrupted by “conservative” bigots who were opposed to interracial marriage and they got the government involved to stop it. Well that worked out swimmingly didn’t? No the government has swung the other way. I cannot condone that as scripture says it’s one man and one woman.

Now onto victimless crime. Just because there is no direct victim visible doesn’t mean there aren’t indirect victims. These people often abuse/neglect their children as a direct result of their habits. They steal, commit fraud, and numerous other scams to provide their drugs to continue their life of meaninglessness. Prostitution is no different.

This is where religion escapes me. If god is the one who puts all the souls into babies, and god knows every action that that person is going to take it's entire life, then why would he allow a harmful or disgusting soul to be used? Like if he knows that baby is going to grow up and molest children, rape women, kill people, or any other of the atrocities that humans do on one another, why bother even using the soul at all. Why not cast that soul into hell to begin with?
I understand the whole the whole thing about god allowing people to make their own choices. But if god knows you're going to commit horrible actions on others, then all the horrible actions committed, are god fault. If he's going to get all the glory for the good things, he should also get all the blame for the bad.

As far as the whole gay thing goes. I could care less. I just don't want to be branded a homophobe just because I think straight. I don't mind gay men. Well... Except the ones that try to talk like woman. That's just retarded. (IMO) I know a couple of them. They don't come on to me, because they know I'm straight. They don't prance or priss or try to flaunt their gayness.

Personally, I can see why gay people have fought for discrimination lawsuits. But on the otherhand, I think some of them are taking their BS too far. Trying to force people and the government to use the pronouns THEY want everyone to use.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread