Politics Man arrested for tricking "voters"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomethingElse

Apr 26, 2011
Can you name off alot of the good things Trump brought to the table, or do you just not want to?

Honestly, since his tax cuts were couple with a lot deductions, it's hard to say Trump did a lot of purely good things. Why the hell not just do an income tax reduction, without screwing it up with other BS?

His idea of healthcare was no different than the ACA. I know what he said about his plan. But apparently he didn't even fight for the things he promised. Like selling insurance across state lines.

I could've gotten behind his China trade war, had it also not been riddled with stupidities and lies. Like the "trade deficit." Did Trump think all of us were too stupid to realize what a trade deficit really is? The way he made it out to be was that China owed us something. When in fact all it was, was us buying more from China than they bought from us. And taxing imports only cost us more.
US corporations weren't leaving the US because of taxes and regulations. They were leaving the US because of the USD value. $5 per day in China vs $25hr here. Hell, who wouldn't move their manufacturing to China or Mexico.
Stop spending so got-dayum much money, get the dollar value back to a decent rate, then the jobs will come back. Americans can afford to buy more American products.

Oh shoot, where was I? Oh yeah, things I liked about Trump.

As an ex salesman, I enjoyed his sales tactics. Some of them were fabulous. I liked the way he seem to **** off the left, constantly. There's some regulations that he got rid of that were necessary. The Keystone pipeline was NOT one of them. I like how he regulated the doctors and Pharmacies into not getting any profit off of certain drugs. But then again, the government paid the doctors and pharmacies their losses.

But at the end of the day, I didn't see him as anything more than a liberal in a republican suit.

Upvote 0

Duck

Sarcastic remark goes here
Premium
Aug 3, 2011
Internet
Dude, THE ONLY time the todays GOP seems to be conservative, is when a democrat is in the white house?
Because as I stated before, there is no requirement that they actually BE conservative. It's a problem that needs to be addressed. The Romney / McCain types are just democrats ideologically and they need to be purged from the republican party so it can actually become the party of conservatives again.

I think you're also confusing conservatives with classic liberals.

Classic liberals would oppose the border wall.

Conservatives want to protect our national sovereignty. We want national security. We don't want foreign nationals voting in our elections and mooching off our social services. We want the ****ing wall.

Upvote 0

SomethingElse

Apr 26, 2011
Because as I stated before, there is no requirement that they actually BE conservative. It's a problem that needs to be addressed. The Romney / McCain types are just democrats ideologically and they need to be purged from the republican party so it can actually become the party of conservatives again.

I think you're also confusing conservatives with classic liberals.

Classic liberals would oppose the border wall.

Conservatives want to protect our national sovereignty. We want national security. We don't want foreign nationals voting in our elections and mooching off our social services. We want the ****ing wall.

Look here dude, It states that "all men are created equal and are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights. Among those are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."
There are no caveats in that statement. "All men." Not just Americans. But every person born on this earth.

So if a family in south America has to leave their country to keep their kids from being forced into the drug trade, sex trade or some other indecent trade, and want to migrate, there should no government that tells them they can't go.
People have been migrating since before the bible was written. And will continue to do so, regardless of walls or water.

BTW, how in gods name did people like you ever get to the point that they thought they had the authority to rule over the lives of people that's never done them any harm.

You sound like you'd enjoy some place like north Korea.

You're won of those who likes the idea of freedom. But only for you and yours, right? I hate to tell you bub, you're in the wrong country for that. Our military hasn't fought and died for just people like you.

P.S. THE only reason you're picking out Romney and McCain, is because Trump told you to. $5 says you voted for both of them. Why? Because you didn't know what real conservatism was then. And you still don't.

Upvote 0

Duck

Premium
Aug 3, 2011
Internet
Look here dude, It states that "all men are created equal and are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights. Among those are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."
There are no caveats in that statement. "All men." Not just Americans. But every person born on this earth.

So if a family in south America has to leave their country to keep their kids from being forced into the drug trade, sex trade or some other indecent trade, and want to migrate, there should no government that tells them they can't go.
People have been migrating since before the bible was written. And will continue to do so, regardless of walls or water.

BTW, how in gods name did people like you ever get to the point that they thought they had the authority to rule over the lives of people that's never done them any harm.

You're won of those who likes the idea of freedom. But only for you and yours, right? I hate to tell you bub, you're in the wrong country for that. Our military hasn't fought and died for just people like you.

P.S. THE only reason you're picking out Romney and McCain, is because Trump told you to. $5 says you voted for both of them. Why? Because you didn't know what real conservatism was then. And you still don't.
Wow. You're just WAYYYYYY out there in looney land.

I think you're a lost cause. There's just WAY too much bullshit in your head to even bother trying to correct.

Welcome to my ignore list.

Reactions: Rigjockey
Upvote 0

Sinister

pari animositate
Premium
Mar 19, 2009
Lost.

There are rules in place for asylum seekers.

The problem is that they've been abused.

Upvote 0

SomethingElse

Apr 26, 2011
You lost all credibility in determining the definition of an extremist with that comment.

I guess extremist could be considered an opinion. It is of my opinion that someone that spends as much as Trump, McConnell and Pelosi, are extremist. Supporting the patriot act, fisa 702, wars of aggression, artificially inflating the US dollar & border walls are a few other things I consider extreme.

Upvote 0

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Nov 27, 2009
Canadon't
I am pretty certain that the American constitution was written for Americans and not for the World.
all men are created equal and are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights. Among those are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." In America!!

Reactions: Duck
Upvote 0

Duck

Premium
Aug 3, 2011
Internet
I am pretty certain that the American constitution was written for Americans and not for the World.
all men are created equal and are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights. Among those are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." In America!!
Yep.

Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

They can have that in their own country if they follow our example and do what our founders did.

This country does not belong to the entire world. It belongs to Americans.

Reactions: Rigjockey
Upvote 0

SomethingElse

Apr 26, 2011

There are no caveats in that statement. Especially when you consider that our creator is the same one that created people in S. American, Pakistan, and every where else in the world.

Upvote 0

SomethingElse

Apr 26, 2011
Yep.

Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

They can have that in their own country if they follow our example and do what our founders did.

This country does not belong to the entire world. It belongs to Americans.

There is NO WAY IN HELL, they can now do as we did over 200 years ago. No more than we can now overthrow our government and make a new. Even though the COTUS gives "We the People" the authority to do.
The entire south couldn't over throw the US government.

Upvote 0

Humble pie

What we have is a failure to communicate.
Premium
Dec 16, 2019
@SomethingElse does make some valid points. The Republican Party is far more liberal than it was 40 years ago, but then again so is the Democratic Party. McConnell is far from extremists, he’s weak and ineffectual imo. I would also put trump in the moderate camp as well.

Trump did a lot of good things. Somethings I feel he handled poorly.

Upvote 0

Humble pie

Premium
Dec 16, 2019
In this age of post modernism the majority of people don’t want conservatism. The conservative world view is too cut and dry. It’s either right or wrong. That flies in the face of the modern philosophical view of multiple truths and everything is right if you “feel” it’s right for you.

Upvote 0

Hammer166

Instigateur №166™
Premium
Feb 22, 2012
Rocky Mountain High
In this age of post modernism the majority of people don’t want conservatism. The conservative world view is too cut and dry. It’s either right or wrong. That flies in the face of the modern philosophical view of multiple truths and everything is right if you “feel” it’s right for you.
And this is the crux of what's wrong with modern society and government. Logic and reason are no longer used to determine the best course of action.

Reactions: Duck
Upvote 0

Duck

Premium
Aug 3, 2011
Internet
The majority doesn't want the insane bullshit the psychotic left is forcing on everyone.

Upvote 0

Humble pie

Premium
Dec 16, 2019
The majority doesn't want the insane bullshit the psychotic left is forcing on everyone.
I wouldn’t be so sure about that. Even on the right look at the numbers that are ok with abortion, multiple genders, gay marriage, legalized drugs, and prostitution.

even among this small group there are more than a few for legalizing what they consider “no victim” crimes. I’m not going to argue these points because that’s not the point of my post.

Reactions: Hammer166
Upvote 0

Humble pie

Premium
Dec 16, 2019
And this is the crux of what's wrong with modern society and government. Logic and reason are no longer used to determine the best course of action.
I agree totally. I just don’t see it going back. That is not to say we just roll over and let it happen, I see it as slowing the tide not stopping the flood.

People have bought into the lie and right now they are enjoying it. As with all lies the truth will be shown and there will be a day of reckoning.

Reactions: Hammer166
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread