Looking for truckers that got fined!

I am trying to locate any drivers (company or O/O) that were fined for going over Salt Creek bridge in DuPage county Illinois by Village of Itasca or City of Wooddale from October of 2008 until now. I do not need your name or any other info other than the date you were stopped and the amount of your fine. If you wish to give more info that is fine. I am trying to get the signage on this route changed because the way it is now, too many are getting scammed on this route and being forced to pay thousands for it - 4 drivers in 4 hours on March 19, 2009!! [email protected]

I use to live the next town over. Are they getting you for the bridge law? If so in Illinois it is 73,280.

they dropped that bridge down to 50,000 and if you are coming off 290 you will miss the first sign that shows the actual limit - even the police admit it - the next sign simply says "overweight trucks", which we all know means over 80,000. When you get to the bridge there is a sign on it, but it is too late. The cop is sitting right there and they particularly look for loaded flatbeds - that way they are sure you are over. After all, you can't see inside a box.

Iits a city own road they set their own laws. Thorndale av. is the legal truck route around it. When your from out of town you won't know this.

Heres another example.... When I go to a Marina in Winthrop Harbor, IL. I have the same problem. Sheridan rd. is state owned, When I turn right onto a city rd. for 4 blocks there is a sign which you see after you turn. It reads overall length 43" and 8"wide must get city permit. After the 4 blocks the road turns into a state owned rd so your ok.

Problem is Empty I"m 77" long and 8'6" wide. So every time i go to the marina I buy a city permit for 4 blocks at a cost of $25.00.

Just sucks.

Many cities set their own laws. Many of those laws are blatantly illegal. What they count on is people who say, "I know this is illegal, but I'll just pay the fine or fee and let someone else worry about it"
The more of these you take down, the easier it is to do.
I urge you to take them on and break their balls.

searay....Thorndale av. is the legal truck route around it??? Route 26 and Thorndale are one in the same, so you kind of confused me there - the bridge in question is ON this route. I know they can set their own limits, that is not the issue - rebel caught on to it and that is exactly what I intend to do. I am tired of cities/counties and everyone else making their own stimulus packages by taking it from drivers - even from company drivers. The community in question has taken enough to fix this bridge and yet, they haven't done it - if they fix it, they loose their revenue.

Thorndale is the truck route, There is a exit off of RT53. There is no rt 26 you mean rt20 (Lake St). As for the bridge, The salt creek over flows every spring, The bridge maybe falling apart due to age. The weight on the bridge maybe just for the spring time till flooding is over.

I don't think you can get out of the ticket, Because they are just trying to save the bridge. You might be able to get out of it because not enough warning or a legal detour.

just got my photos back - county route 26 is Thorndale :) Anyhow, there is a lot more going on here than meets the eye, so if you or anyone you know got caught here, I would still like to know (to start, you may have been over fined)

28. DT-0043A-04 - RESOLUTION - Amendment to RESOLUTION DT-0043-04 to PB Americas, Inc. (formerly Parsons, Brinckerhoff, Quade & Douglas, Inc.) for Professional Phase I Engineering Services for Bridge Replacement, CH 26/Thorndale Avenue over Salt Creek, Section No. 98-00153-02-BR (Decrease and Close Contract: $5,213.61 from the current contract amount of $153,004.20 resulting in a new contract total of $147,790.59; 3.41% Decrease) (Contract #S11597)
This is from county meeting about bridge replacement on CH26/Thorndale Avenue. I am not trying to debate street names here ok - I am just trying to stand up for those who won't or can't and try to get things changed.

Again what is CH26? CR stands for County Road not CH. Just calling the Rd the right name so all will know the location

Maybe the county decided to change it after you moved, I don't know. All I do know is there are signs posted along Thorndale that say Dupage county 26, and that is how they refer to it in all the legal documents for that particular bridge. I have family there too so it's not like I am a complete stranger to the area.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread