Looking for new job

rezlimey

Hey all!

I’ve been away from the wheel for five months. I took a job where I still have my CDL, but it’s not tricking.

Here’s the issue. I got sacked back in August for a rear ender. I was initially charged with reckless driving, but my lawyer fought for me and got the case dismissed. Another company hired me shortly thereafter, but I only stayed for 6 weeks when another opportunity came available but which doesn’t have me trucking. I absolutely loathe this job, and now I want to get back into trucking.

I have 15 years of experience, and I am looking to get home either daily or weekly. I currently live in Harrisonburg, VA, which everyone here probably knows is a major freight artery.

Any company recommendations would help. Thanks!

Bancroft. Hauling the mail. They're as reckless as Beam Brothers. You'd fit right in.
I’m not a reckless driver. It was just one of those instances where I dealt with an overzealous state trooper. Even more bizarre was the fact that the other driver did not stop. He kept going.

Hey all!

I’ve been away from the wheel for five months. I took a job where I still have my CDL, but it’s not tricking.

Here’s the issue. I got sacked back in August for a rear ender. I was initially charged with reckless driving, but my lawyer fought for me and got the case dismissed. Another company hired me shortly thereafter, but I only stayed for 6 weeks when another opportunity came available but which doesn’t have me trucking. I absolutely loathe this job, and now I want to get back into trucking.

I have 15 years of experience, and I am looking to get home either daily or weekly. I currently live in Harrisonburg, VA, which everyone here probably knows is a major freight artery.

Any company recommendations would help. Thanks!
i do not know where that area is, but if it is as you say a major artery, try any one of any LTL carriers near you.

good luck.

i do not know where that area is, but if it is as you say a major artery, try any one of any LTL carriers near you.

good luck.
Yeah there's a Southeastern Freight terminal right in town. Premier works out of Marshall's in Bridgewater. I'm sure there are others. Look at the trailers at Walmart and make some calls. Walmart itself if you can get in. Probably not with the rearender. Bridgewater also has that plant. I forget what it is. Ice cream or something? Check there maybe. Companies are hauling tanks of stuff in. Or out. Not sure which.

Seriously though it's your town, look around. Put in some effort.

I go down there all the time. It's right off I-81. James Madison University is there. Pilot exit 251, etc etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread