Looking For Information A Couple Freight Broker / Online Load Boards

Mike

Repost For JaymZH2

a driver i talked to recommended me to Getloaded.com and internettruckstop.com just wanted to know from more the 1 if they are as good as he says. i haul med flatbed loads, equip, vehicles, etc. just wanted to get some feedback on them before i sign up and pay the monthly fee.

Get loaded is a good, respectable site to get loads from.
Loadboards.com as well as others are great ways to privatize your business potential.

We will be glad to help you get your start in finding the load boards that help you to get the hauls!:)

thanks! i appreciate it. just starting w/ a straight job flatbed/rollback for equipment, vehicles, etc. looking into the close future i want to get a KW w/ a Landoll and another 53' flatbed or drop deck. the guy i talked to recommended these 2 boards for equipment and so fourth.

just want to get everyone input on them before i pay the fees to join. they are not bid sites like UShip are they?? once you click accept or whatever its your load right?

I am going through the same process right now. I've had my own authority for a little over a month. I am using 3Sixty one of Transcore's boards. My best advice is to try one or two out. See if it works for you. If it does, great, if it doesn't, then cancel them and move on to the next. You are the only person that can make this evaluation.

Load boards can be great but in all honesty with technology constantly evolving and the increasing use of email many loads are never even making it to a load board- especially top paying loads! I can attest to this first hand! I receive over 30 email lists per day from direct shippers and other brokering companies on loads to move- several do morning and afternoon updates. I know for a fact that the top paying loads are grabbed immediately! I have spoken to several companies that use posting as a last resort for loads as they offer the top paying loads to the preferred carriers or book them via their daily email blast systems- meaning only the bottom dollar loads from their company are seeing a load board. Since I operate a dispatching service company I can often find even backhaul loads at better money and rarely have to go to load boards. Technology is ever changing and such systems as Real Time Freight and other new and upcoming load boards and email systems are becoming the wave of the future in this aspect making it even more difficult for small trucking companies and owner operators to find freight. Plus many of the boards charge such enormos fees for use of the board plus take time in posting that shippers are using alternate avenues to book their freight.

www.freightview.com - private online load board w/ free access as long as you are a compliant carrier, must have had authority for 1 year plus meet minimum requirements. Currently $1 mil & $100,000 cargo are required plus a satisfactory safety rating

I agree with Freight Coach. Load boards such as get loaded and ITS are valuable but do not often pay as much as those you could get from your contacts. We only use those boards in desperation.

There are many load boards, and yes many are free, but ultimately load boards are a time consuming aspect as you have to call on the loads to obtain the details in most instances. I stand by the theory that email load lists is becoming the waive of things. I receive over 30 load lists per day- some from brokers and many from direct shippers, and I know the highest paying loads on these lists are the first ones that are snagged up, especially from direct shippers. I work as an Operations Manager and my job is matching carriers and loads together, both internally for the loads from agents and externally from carriers that are signed on for dispatching services. The emails are the first place I go for carrier loads, and often loads that are not even out yet, but I have learned various lanes and shippers and who I can go to first. I was looking at a load board the other day and the exact same load was posted on six different load boards paying six different prices. That is another aspect, learning which broker is paying the best as well and which ones are out for themselves. The ITS weekly trend list showed load searching down 10% last week while truck availability was up 1%. I think this is just the start of a trend that will continue as more carriers book loads in advance and rely on dispatching services to ensure they are obtaining the best loads. When you wait until the last minute to find freight for re loading the chances are it will take longer to secure a good paying load.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread