Looking For A Good Lease Purchase Program

1000 per week and what's the tipacal fixed cost on a truck there
Talked with a friend who is in the L/P program at ats.

Truck payments are from $280-500 per week depending on the age of the truck. His weekly fixed expenses are about $704 a week. He's netting better than $1000 per week.

Thanks buddy all the company's I've so far looked at fixed coast is around 900 to 1100 dollars and most of them is only paying between 90 to 94 cents per mile im just trying to figure out how they are able to pay a house payment and bills and truck note on that when fuel is so high
Sir these are pretty much the same numbers from 17 years ago when rookies were making 20cpm. Ask yourself how is it company drivers are getting paid more but they are still low balling owner operators and lease guys.

You also pay your other bills with whatever is left. So if you have a slow week. Your bills don't get paid. You also have to be a slave to the truck. No going home for extended times. That truck payment is coming out regardless. Unless you are running team or training. It's not like you can say I'll just run an extra 3000 miles on top of my first 3000. So no 6000 miles weeks to catch up. So kiss your old lady,kids, house and life goodbye, but at the end of 6 years when you paid 200,000 dollars for a truck that is going to nickle and dime you till you get sick of it. You can do it all over again. Companies don't trade in their trucks every 3 or 4 years for no reason.

Ok so give me an idea on how something like that would work like lets just say if I'm making 90 cents per mile with 100% fuel surcharge
it doesn't work you give them let's say 700 dollars a week (lowball). Plus pay for fuel and maintenance, and they give you 1000 a week. Come on bro something is just not adding up. Then when you come to your senses. You will constantly emotionally kick your own tail for lord knows how long. Stay away from lease purchases. Until you have money to throw away. God speed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread