Looking at Toyota Tundra...

Not to rain on your parade here bud, but most half tons have an advertised 13k tow capacity.
To be fair, that's just what's on the deck. The trailer itself is part of the towed weight. So he's probably pulling more like 17,000 altogether.

So he's in 3/4 ton territory. But like I've said before, the new half tons are the one tons from decades ago. The new one tons are more like the 500 series from decades ago.

It's become a colloquialism, not an actual rating.

Not to rain on your parade here bud, but most half tons have an advertised 13k tow capacity.
I’ll call anyone an idiot to their face if they try to tow that much with a half ton, I’ve done it before and I’ll do it again.
My front axle is good for 6000 pounds, my rear is good for 6900. Trailer max weight was 14,000, empty was shy of 4,000 pounds, so good for 10,000 on the trailer axles.

You mean to tell me a half ton has the same axles as a one ton?

But like I said most asshats don’t bother looking at axle ratings they just believe the crap they see on TV and what the salesman tells them.

Only asshats think a half ton mini truck is a work truck :thefinger:

I’ll call anyone an idiot to their face if they try to tow that much with a half ton, I’ve done it before and I’ll do it again.
My front axle is good for 6000 pounds, my rear is good for 6900. Trailer max weight was 14,000, empty was shy of 4,000 pounds, so good for 10,000 on the trailer axles.

You mean to tell me a half ton has the same axles as a one ton?

But like I said most asshats don’t bother looking at axle ratings they just believe the crap they see on TV and what the salesman tells them.

Only asshats think a half ton mini truck is a work truck :thefinger:
No but most One tones these days have a 19k rear axle. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I used to work on them for a lawn service. I used to bitch that they could only load the spreader to half because if they filled the hopper over flowing like usual it would be too heavy. They only lost the rear duals off of 2 spreaders before they decided to listen.

No but most One tones these days have a 19k rear axle. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I used to work on them for a lawn service. I used to ***** that they could only load the spreader to half because if they filled the hopper over flowing like usual it would be too heavy. They only lost the rear duals off of 2 spreaders before they decided to listen.
327483C8-2B95-4FE7-A4AD-5964519B140D.png

Where do you get the 19k axle rating from?
Just asking

My little one ton truck is a dollar truck all day long. With or without a trailer I’ve had her at triple digits. :biglaugh:
Not loaded mind you, but an empty gooseneck flatbed.

I had a loser in a Dodge Ram 1500 shortbox regular cab Hemi mini-truck wanting to play games when I was empty one time. He legit took front door from me but it was closer than he thought it would be, I was close to 14,000 pounds with the trailer on even empty. I’m guessing he would be 3500 pounds.

Had a Mustang wanted to play one night, too. North out of Wilmington NC. No trailer this time. He took it up to 95 mph then backed out of it
:thefinger:

It’s awesome having a one ton pickup that can pull that hard and run triple digits :D
Yes those F350's are scary fast for their size.

The sticker in the door jamb of a F-450 **** that’s a 1.5 ton ain’t it?
Yes, one step up from an F350, and they were all duallys.
F8D43883-581D-44D1-9675-F62E58035095.png
That’s a 2018 F550 spec sheet, for example.

Axle ratings, GCWR, GVWR and towing capacity are ALL different ratings. Like I said, most asshats with half tons think they can pull a battleship because the guys on TV did it

Yes, one step up from an F350, and they were all duallys.
View attachment 51666
That’s a 2018 F550 spec sheet, for example.

Axle ratings, GCWR, GVWR and towing capacity are ALL different ratings. Like I said, most asshats with half tons think they can pull a battleship because the guys on TV did it
Shit maybe it was GVWR for it. Man it’s been some years since I worked on pick ups, but I remember arguing with the owner that a full salt hopper was too much for it. I thought it was 19600 but shit maybe I’m getting that confused with school buses I worked on. If that’s the case my bad.

**** maybe it was GVWR for it. Man it’s been some years since I worked on pick ups, but I remember arguing with the owner that a full salt hopper was too much for it. I thought it was 19600 but **** maybe I’m getting that confused with school buses I worked on. If that’s the case my bad.
Its all good, memory is funny sometimes

Years ago their was a landscaper around here that built a nice new F350 dump truck. When it was all said and done it could haul 500 pounds or something silly because the dump bed was so heavy it had pretty much maxed out the GVWR already :biglaugh:

Its all good, memory is funny sometimes

Years ago their was a landscaper around here that built a nice new F350 dump truck. When it was all said and done it could haul 500 pounds or something silly because the dump bed was so heavy it had pretty much maxed out the GVWR already :biglaugh:
Also alcohol has been involved since about 3pm east coast time.

A half ton is full size if it's got an 8 foot bed.
It's just lighter duty than a 1 ton.

"Mini" is physically smaller. 🙄

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread