Looking at Toyota Tundra...

Yeah. I'll sacrifice some mpg for decent towing. I'm looking into it now to verify @nan claims...

the small v6 actually has better towing ability that the small v8. That thing seriously packs a punch for it's size. And an ATV trailer is not heavy. Mine had two large Polaris bikes on it, and a completely full toolbox up front. With my small v8 (4.6L), you barely noticed it was there. I would expect that my current truck would pull it even better.

WTF are you talking about? The TT V6 tows like a beast. The 5.0 isn't far behind.

By "ATV trailer" do you actually mean one of those toy hauler campers?

Otherwise ATVs ain't nothin.

View attachment 51582

View attachment 51583

My ATV trailer weighs about 2500. The Rancher and the Rubicon weigh about 800 apiece. Then there's my sons little TRX 90, which is nothing.

I can't believe youre pulling all that weight around on a 6 cylinder.

My ATV trailer weighs about 2500. The Rancher and the Rubicon weigh about 800 apiece. Then there's my sons little TRX 90, which is nothing.

Do you remember the v6 that GMC ran for a couple years? With the plaid valve covers?

I like Tundra but the MPG is not so great and I’ll be commuting with it. But Toyota durability cannot be denied.

They’re discontinuing that Nissan with the Cummins because it’s so fantastically puke-inducing and ugly that it’s a safety hazard.
I don’t understand why the ISV didn’t go into a dodge half ton platform.

My camper weighs 3500. My ATV weighs about the same as yours.

I've been on the interstate towing it with my Ranger and I had the ATV in the back of the truck at the same time. If you don't beat on it, and understand that it's not going to accelerate like when it's unladen and don't try to force it to, it does just fine and keeps up with traffic.

The Ranger is an '89 and has a 2.9L fuel injected V6, a 5 speed manual and a 2.89 rear end if I recall correctly.

If I can pull that much with a little Tonka truck I can almost bench press the rear end of, that amount of weight will be negligible to a modern full size half ton.

Last edited:
the small v6 actually has better towing ability that the small v8. That thing seriously packs a punch for it's size. And an ATV trailer is not heavy. Mine had two large Polaris bikes on it, and a completely full toolbox up front. With my small v8 (4.6L), you barely noticed it was there. I would expect that my current truck would pull it even better.

The small V6 is like a 2.7.

There’s a 3.3 now.

In the Ford...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread