Little America Flagstaff, Arizona.

I have never had a good experience with this truck stop, weather it has been fuel, service, food, or scale, and I think they took out the scale, which is great when your leaving Flagstaff with dog food!

Just wanted to know if it's me at the truck stop at the wrong time all the time.

I have only passed through Flagstaff once, and I don't remember the name of the place where I stopped. I ended up not liking the place though, it was really dirty and the employees seemed very rude. It might be the same place, but I'm not sure.

It has been a few years since I have been there, but I liked the place back then. I have heard a few people saying the place has gone downhill though.

I always liked that place. Only think I hated was all the stupid advertisement. It was a bit over the top. I never did buy fuel there however. But parking was easy, it was clean, and people seemed nice. Food I had was fine.

I can't say I've been too impressed with this place either. I think Flagstaff itself is a beautiful area, but this truckstop leaves something to be desired.

Glad to see an update every ten years or so.
😖

Glad to see an update every ten years or so.
😖
lol

No idea @Injun - Had a DOT cop in attendance with his lights on, so I assume he wasn't pulled over for an attaboy.

This was after the westbound I80/I280 left-hand merge point before you get up to the Iowa80, so a traffic conflict is always a possibility.

Just so you know, I would have made the same comment if it was a Prime truck instead of Swift Transportation.
So, you know that DOT guy was inspecting the Swifty and not the guy in the ditch? He wasn't talking to the Swifty because Swifty just saw what happened?

I talked to a cop at a traffic collision scene a couple of years ago. The collision involved an idiot going in excess of 100 mph hitting an innocent couple on their way to a concert. The cop wanted to talk to me because I saw something relevant to the crash. He happened to be a Washington State Trooper. With DOT certification. He took my license and wrote down my information. His car (with lights flashing) was behind my Swift truck and WalMart trailer. Did he give me any awards? Nope. But he didn't give me any tickets either. I was just a witness.

But, it's your story. Tell it any way you'd like.

Last night Long Haul didn’t chain up and slid down the rest area ramp. View attachment 43505

Chains? We don't need no steen-kin chains!
Where was this?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never had a good experience with this truck stop, weather it has been fuel, service, food, or scale, and I think they took out the scale, which is great when your leaving Flagstaff with dog food!

Just wanted to know if it's me at the truck stop at the wrong time all the time.

Little America has "generally" been good to me over the years.....

That said my most recent expiriences have been thru Wyoming...

Been ages since I drove across Aruzona on 40

Store is fine, restaurant is pretty good, trails in the back is fantastic but that shop was a huge mistake for me to use. Double threaded oil plug, made an air leak at the firewall, put the old oil filter on top of engine and it somehow rolled of across the turbo

Man, that was in the day. The place too go. As you pulled into the fuel island, like 6 Indian attendees came out! Washed your windows, fueled your truck for ya. Washed the mirrors, yeap we drove cabovers too. So, that tells ya, how long ago.

I’ve gotten to the point where I completely avoid this place. For some reason, I just dislike the parking lot. Getting in and out can be a pain at times.

I’ve gotten to the point where I completely avoid this place. For some reason, I just dislike the parking lot. Getting in and out can be a pain at times.

Not familiar with Flagstaff as I havent run 40 across Arizona but maybe once or twice in my entire carreer..

Nonetheless @Mike I am more familiar with the Little America in Wyoming of 80 kinda out in the middle of nowhere off at exit 68 I think @Injun might know better..

Anyhow there was always abundant parking when I got there..

Stuff was abit pricey middle of nowhere and all but better not much more than the complete garbage at mega chains..

The showers were clean and I could get a 75 cent ice cream cone in the tourist store

Maybe truck stops/travel plazas should take a page from Bosselmans in Grand Island, NE, Little America, in Little America, WY, Iowa 80, Walcot,Iowa, and such bigger truck stops with huge parking lots for drivers.

Maybe truck stops/travel plazas should take a page from Bosselmans in Grand Island, NE, Little America, in Little America, WY, Iowa 80, Walcot,Iowa, and such bigger truck stops with huge parking lots for drivers.
If every truck stop was like Iowa 80 I would be broke.:rolllaugh:
I went in there for coffee and walked out with a new pair of cowboy boots, A Confederate flag and a new John Deere hat.:biglaugh:
I never did get that coffee and probably could not afford it anyway:D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread