Let's argue about your bad taste in music.

To me that's even worse.
You're a die hard rock and roller. I can't listen to country very long, but the old stuff is much better than this new crap they have out today in every genre. It all sounds the same. I listened to the music of my teen days like everyone else did. But the music I played was all from the late 1600's to the early 1900's. I started playing piano when I was 5 years old and couldn't span the keys with my little hands.

You're a die hard rock and roller. I can't listen to country very long, but the old stuff is much better than this new crap they have out today in every genre. It all sounds the same. I listened to the music of my teen days like everyone else did. But the music I played was all from the late 1600's to the early 1900's. I started playing piano when I was 5 years old and couldn't span the keys with my little hands.
Some of those composers from centuries ago were the original rock stars.

Ya but driving truck all-day with radio on ya get sick of same crap dozen times a day..

Now some guys just got theirs station and change the CD player like their drawers..

When Ya whack out on Sudafed guzzling Mt Dew like beer running 68mph in the "Granny Lane" while they all cut ya off ride ya sides..

Thank God 4 the "Radio"..

Joel Osteen in a Big Truck with me..

"Today is the Day of the Lord"..

Learn about Father's & Sons too..

Infact I got Dave Ramsey on boombox right now..

Talking "Inflation" & 90 Grand Salary is "Struggling" these days..

I can't remember I ever held a job long enough make 90 large

Ya but driving truck all-day with radio on ya get sick of same crap dozen times a day..

Now some guys just got theirs station and change the CD player like their drawers..

When Ya whack out on Sudafed guzzling Mt Dew like beer running 68mph in the "Granny Lane" while they all cut ya off ride ya sides..

Thank God 4 the "Radio"..

That is the good thing about being local is you know the good radio stations.
The good thing about long haul is all the different radio stations. When I ran Chicago I found a few good stations that played songs that Toronto stations didn't like they played a lot of Sublime, they played Cherub rock, Smashing Pumpkins and Sweet leaf Black Sabbath.
By now there has to be a million rock songs since the 60's,70's they could never have to play everything and never have to repeat a song. Why radio stations play the same songs over and over?

All radio stations are owned by just a few conglomerates. These mass companies tell the program directors that this is what the people want to hear, so you will play it 1000 times a day until some other noise comes down the pike to play. That's why I like talk radio. But now, it's all political, so in goes a thumb drive and I listen to what I want to hear. I also still have a 6 disc CD player in my p-cup. Rarely is commercial radio on in my vehicles.

For me I like to from time to time go down the YouTube rabbit hole of the originators of Rock N Roll like Jerry Lee Lewis and Chuck Berry and the rest.

I also like to go down the rabbit hole of hard rockers, (maybe the innovators of metal) Like Zepplin and Jimi Hendrix and so many more.

I also can spend hours on YouTube streaming 90's Rock/Grunge/Alternative music and bands. To me in the 90's it seemed like there was a new band and new song released every week. Ya, we all know the big names like Sound Garden, STP, Smashing pumpkins and Pearl Jam but there was so much more than just them. Like The watchmen, Econoline crush, Big Wreck and so many more.

All radio stations are owned by just a few conglomerates. These mass companies tell the program directors that this is what the people want to hear, so you will play it 1000 times a day until some other noise comes down the pike to play. That's why I like talk radio. But now, it's all political, so in goes a thumb drive and I listen to what I want to hear. I also still have a 6 disc CD player in my p-cup. Rarely is commercial radio on in my vehicles.
I like my radio talk show that I have listened to for years, but they went soft when they got bought out by a leftist corporation so, the talk kind of steered away from politics That was the last remaining right wing talk radio stations in Toronto.
I liked the politics version of the talk radio/call in show with Dash Pounding Radio. (Dash pounding radio ™️ of Mike Stafford).

That is the good thing about being local is you know the good radio stations.
The good thing about long haul is all the different radio stations. When I ran Chicago I found a few good stations that played songs that Toronto stations didn't like they played a lot of Sublime, they played Cherub rock, Smashing Pumpkins and Sweet leaf Black Sabbath.
By now there has to be a million rock songs since the 60's,70's they could never have to play everything and never have to repeat a song. Why radio stations play the same songs over and over?
That was probably Q-101 still on dial not sure who owns em today changed hands several times now since Mancow Mueller..

Up in the "Cheese Whiz" still got 102.9 Hog outta Milwaukee..

They would play all that stuff too

I remember years ago somewhere was a chemical spill & evacuated but couldn't even warn people because the Radio/ TV stations owned by media conglomerate run off a computer..

Was no people in the studio to cut a brake and warn people about the situation

Van Morrisson

I was in my 20's in the 90's. Everything that is old is new again. Van Morrison was so great to listen to again because, it fit right in with the times.
Most of what I remember from the 90's was hanging out in coffee shops and our hands out the car windows doing that wave type thing. You know the one.
Just chilling. Listening to Van Morrisson was like chillin' the most! :thumbsup:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread