Leaving today for Florida.

FlatBroke

Well, I guess today is the day, I will be leaving this afternoon for Florida. I probably be back in a couple weeks, I will check in then.

You guy's keep pro1driver out of trouble..lol! If I don't make it back on here before I leave be safe, and I will catch ya on the flip flop!:beep:

Well, I guess today is the day, I will be leaving this afternoon for Florida. I probably be back in a couple weeks, I will check in then.

You guy's keep pro1driver out of trouble..lol! If I don't make it back on here before I leave be safe, and I will catch ya on the flip flop!

hey good luck dude.................if you already left, then,.... i hope you did well...!!

see, i covered both situations in one posting........!!!:woohoo:

hey good luck dude.................if you already left, then,.... i hope you did well...!!

see, i covered both situations in one posting........!!!:woohoo:

Thanks pro1driver...but I had to reschedule it today. Got a call this morning that my grandmother had passed so I will be taking a few days then go to work.

Thanks you all....I have rescheduled again, as this company only holds orientation on Tuesday. So i will most likely leave next Monday. If something else does not come up...

Thanks you all....I have rescheduled again, as this company only holds orientation on Tuesday. So i will most likely leave next Monday. If something else does not come up...

in the meantime.....

you can "watch over me".......... :bounce:

just have this :paddle: ready....!!!:biglaugh:

How long is the training?

I am planning a move to Arkansas, hopefully in the near future, and if a certain job doesn't happen for me, I will most likely be getting me some experience on a tanker with Quality Carriers. The money per mile isn't as good as I get now, but the home time is nice, as all the trips are out and back.

How long is the training?

I am planning a move to Arkansas, hopefully in the near future, and if a certain job doesn't happen for me, I will most likely be getting me some experience on a tanker with Quality Carriers. The money per mile isn't as good as I get now, but the home time is nice, as all the trips are out and back.

Training as in training to pull a tank? I am not following you here. I would have no idea how long training would be to learn how to pull a tank..

Now when I went to work for LCL Bulk transit (My first tanker job) I pulled 5 loads (1 week) with a trainer, this was my training. I got paid the same as he did except he got a extra $70.00 a day.

I did this for a year, then went to my second tanker job and my training was one load with a trainer.

Pulling a tanker is like pulling a flat bed with a tall steel coil in the center of the flat bed.
It is top heavy, because of the high center of gravity.

As for what the training consist of, it will most likely be to train you to unload using the pump.

Oh BTW, I probably am not going to Florida now. I went yesterday and talked to a company I worked for 10 years ago. I did a road test and drug test for them, yesterday.

If I go to this company, I will be leaving on Sunday night or Monday morning, and getting back in by Friday.

Running from Hebron,KY to Chicago, or from Hebron to Bedford hieghts,OH. or from Hebron to Kansas City. With back hauls from these places also.

Oh BTW, I probably am not going to Florida now. I went yesterday and talked to a company I worked for 10 years ago. I did a road test and drug test for them, yesterday.

If I go to this company, I will be leaving on Sunday night or Monday morning, and getting back in by Friday.

Running from Hebron,KY to Chicago, or from Hebron to Bedford hieghts,OH. or from Hebron to Kansas City. With back hauls from these places also.

since the company you once worked for is re-hiring you, then of course stay home. good luck, let us know how it is "the second time around"......

i say that, because i did a "second time around", and it just didn't work out, much like the first i suppose, after they starting pushing longer distances, IN A DAY CAB......!!

i say that, because i did a "second time around", and it just didn't work out, much like the first i suppose, after they starting pushing longer distances, IN A DAY CAB......!!

Mine is the direct opposite, when i first worked for this company I had a single axle white/gmc a old over night tractor. It still had the timer setup in the steering wheel. I was made to drive this same routes for the company.

This time around, at least they have upgraded the equipment. They have international condo's now. This and the fact I will be home every weekend strongly influenced me to make the decision. Oh yea, and the wife :paddle: also had a say in it, as she didn't want me to be gone for 3 weeks at a time.

Mine is the direct opposite, when i first worked for this company I had a single axle white/gmc a old over night tractor. It still had the timer setup in the steering wheel. I was made to drive this same routes for the company.

This time around, at least they have upgraded the equipment. They have international condo's now. This and the fact I will be home every weekend strongly influenced me to make the decision. Oh yea, and the wife :paddle: also had a say in it, as she didn't want me to be gone for 3 weeks at a time.

that's very good........a more comfortable truck.

yeah, when we first started out, we HAD TO GO OTR to gain our time/experiences. once we passed whatever threshold of experience, we can be more selective. many wive's or in my case (fiance') had almost NO SAY in what we had to do.

some newbies today will never know the sacrifices WE MADE to get that experience, no matter how much we try pounding into thier heads. they just want that great "home everday, high paying, brand new truck" job, that the school recruiters tell them that's out there.............

in all you and i have been through on these boards recently, (mostly you however :D) i really do wish you the very best.....:cheers:

Phone just rang.....it was the company I applied with yesterday the local regional....

Anyway, the (boss - not my wife) just called and said it looked like I was going out either Sunday Night, or Monday Morning..:banana1:

I know, I know I am worse than a woman! My wife made the decision for me :order: :paddle: and yea I listened. After 13 years I have learned...:p

in other words, you are whipped.......
2.gif

Phone just rang.....it was the company I applied with yesterday the local regional....

Anyway, the (boss - not my wife) just called and said it looked like I was going out either Sunday Night, or Monday Morning..:banana1:

i knew i was good for your self esteem issues......:woohoo:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread