Kickin the Possum?

So, with that analogy, tobe walking the dog and kicking the possum should I consider it safe to assume that mean, speeding and hoping not to get caught? Like kickin the possum is like testing law enforcement?
in a way YEEESSSS>..........

you're "kicking up" the brush, weeds, landscape to see if a cop, bear, smokey, is paying attention and NOT napping, like you'd see Enos or Roscoe P. Coltrane napping in the bush.....

jesus h. christ...and i'm from DA NORTH...!!!!!!

I've never heard that phrase. I can see it being taken one or two ways, you only see possums at night, he's talked about walking the dog and kicking the possums could be making tracks at night. Or it could be a reference to try and stir up other big trucks to run with
that might only apply if (say) you were to see a truck wandering all over the road, and you think he's falling asleep, and you "kick him" (the possum) to wake him up.....

of course nowadays, it could be a trucker texting.....

I wouldn't be kicking any possums. Has anybody else seen inside a possum's mouth up close? It's two rows of white needles. I don't want that getting sunk into my foot. No-thankee-sir.

opossum021.jpg

I wouldn't be kicking any possums. Has anybody else seen inside a possum's mouth up close? It's two rows of white needles. I don't want that getting sunk into my foot. No-thankee-sir.

opossum021.jpg
I went out to feed rabbits one day stuck my hand in the barrel to get the feed scoop. I was like ten or so. And this bastard hisses at me looking just like that. I went inside and got my pellet gun and a leather welding glove from the machine shed pulled its ass out and took care of it. I didn’t go back to the feed she without the pellet gun and a glove for a long damned time.

Possums rarely ever attack people, even if you attack them first. Yeah they look like giant sewer rats but they're passive little things.

Stay the hell away from badgers though. 🤔

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread