Kansas approves 75 mph speed limit

Maria

Diet Coke
Staff member
In an effort to make Kansas more competitive with nearby states, a new law allows truckers and others traveling through the state to pick up the pace a bit.

Gov. Sam Brownback signed into law a bill giving the Kansas Department of Transportation the go-ahead to increase the speed limit by 5 mph on portions of highway.

Previously HB2192, the new law authorizes speeds for all vehicles to be increased from 70 mph to 75 mph on rural stretches of divided four-lane highways as early as July 1.

Rep. Marvin Kleeb, R-Overland Park, said he believes the higher limit is good for the state’s economy and for truckers. He pointed out that 13 western states, including neighboring Colorado, Nebraska and Oklahoma, already have a 75 mph limit.

full story

Rep. Marvin Kleeb, R-Overland Park, said he believes the higher limit is good for the state’s economy and for truckers. He pointed out that 13 western states, including neighboring Colorado, Nebraska and Oklahoma, already have a 75 mph limit.
Well he is only partly right about Oklahoma. The only place in Oklahoma you can legally drive 75 is on the turnpikes.

Still, it will be great to roll along at 5 miles an hour faster, legally.

Now if California, Oregon and Washington would catch up with the rest of the world . . . . .

Why will it be great for you???????????????????????????//// You have a slow trk now don't you????????????????????/LOL Far as Calif,they're stuck in the 50's.
Well he is only partly right about Oklahoma. The only place in Oklahoma you can legally drive 75 is on the turnpikes.

Still, it will be great to roll along at 5 miles an hour faster, legally.

Now if California, Oregon and Washington would catch up with the rest of the world . . . . .

Why will it be great for you???????????????????????????//// You have a slow trk now don't you????????????????????/LOL Far as Calif,they're stuck in the 50's.

Apparently you didn't get the memo, like 2xR:

Hey, Racer... wasn't your company going to castrate their trucks? Did you manage to escape that fate? I haven't heard a lot of grumbling outta' you concerning your "slow truck."

Read this:

You must have missed that post.

Yes, after a couple drivers quit on the spot, and others threatened to quit, and everybody complained, they had a change of heart.

At the annual company Christmas party they announced that not only were they not going to nut the trucks, they are outfitting all trucks with APU's, implementing a fuel mileage incentive program, and gave every driver a .02 cent a mile raise across the board effective January 1!

Oh, yeah!

So, no, I don't have a slow truck, at least for now. But you never know what the future holds.

Ya I guess I missed that post,LOL.I'm glad you got your fast trk back.See we can make a difference if we all stick together.Wish all drivers out here were as aggressive as the one at your company.Then we could see some swift action in our favor.
Apparently you didn't get the memo, like 2xR:

Read this:

So, no, I don't have a slow truck, at least for now. But you never know what the future holds.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread