Politics Kabul Airport Terror Attacks

Mike

Feb 1, 2007
Why did we not retake the air base before starting this? Why aren’t we taking the air base back now?

We went from a shared power situation, which made no sense, to outright surrendering to a terrorist organization and then trying to leave on their terms.

I don’t care how bad the Vice President is, Biden needs to be thrown out of office immediately. This brain dead SOB is responsible for lots of death today, and more to come.

Upvote 0

Sinister

pari animositate
Premium
Mar 19, 2009
Lost.
Why did we not retake the air base before starting this? Why aren’t we taking the air base back now?

We went from a shared power situation, which made no sense, to outright surrendering to a terrorist organization and then trying to leave on their terms.

I don’t care how bad the Vice President is, Biden needs to be thrown out of office immediately. This brain dead SOB is responsible for lots of death today, and more to come.
Theres been talk of him resigning.

Reactions: GAnthony
Upvote 0

Mike

Feb 1, 2007
We decided a war was over. One side doesn’t get to make that decision.

I don’t support holding the hands of the Afghan people, but I’ve said for years that once we got there, there is no exit strategy to leave the Middle East. Terrorists are thick as flies there, and if we don’t keep them under control there, they will come here.

Thanks to this mass confusion, God know how many terrorists have slipped through the cracks and gained entry with others paperwork.

Take the air base back, and continue knocking down the terrorists from above. We have no influence on the situation otherwise.

Reactions: gearjammer
Upvote 0

Sinister

pari animositate
Premium
Mar 19, 2009
Lost.
Actually thats exactly what a Pyrrhic victory is.

One side is winning then decides they've had enough and wants to go home.

But this was not advertised as that. It was advertised as "surrendering", which also isn't what happened.

What's happening now is attacks on a retreating force. Retreat also does not mean defeat, its simply a withdrawal to reorganize. But we're not hearing that either.

Upvote 0

Shreck

Premium
Jul 17, 2018

My nephew is with the 82nd and was sent over 2 weeks ago and I can’t get ahold of my sister.

• Sad
Reactions: Mike
Upvote 0

Duck

Sarcastic remark goes here
Premium
Aug 3, 2011
Internet
Biden is currently reading aloud what he is told to say about the situation, and somehow has already turned it into a story about his son. Bastard.
Biden literally just fell asleep for a few seconds during that speech.

During a moment of silence thing, he actually started snoring then snapped awake.

I've got it muted now though, because Sarah's on the phone with her brother.

Upvote 0

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Nov 27, 2009
Canadon't
Canada has ended their evacuation efforts, reportedly leaving Canadians and Afghans behind. Guess we aren't the only ones that appear to be sucking at this.

Yup! Trudope had months to get this right and get Afghan interpreters, embassy guards and others that helped the Canadian military out and he sat on his hands and did nothing until the last minute. We have abandoned those that helped us. They are US!
I can only say it was one of the greatest betrayals I have witnessed in my lifetime.
Trudope is in election mode, an election that didn't need to be called. Time could have been better spent on evacuating those we made a commitment to. I have to say this is shameful and I feel deep shame.

Reactions: Mike
Upvote 0

Mike

Feb 1, 2007
He actually announced who he was instructed to call on first.

He tried to blame it on Trump, but all he did was mistakenly admit that Trump had far more influence on the Taliban than he could ever dream of. Taliban didn't kill any U.S. Military because Trump told them not to, and they abided.

Seems as though once Biden was ready to start this removal, he could have said that we will get this done as rapidly as possible, and I don't want once instance of you guys trying to disrupt the process. We want complete cooperation, and we will be gone as quickly as we can.

Instead, he has given the names and locations of U.S. Citizens and Afghans to the Taliban. People that the Taliban likely want to kill.

He accepted no responsibility in terms of any failure of this mission, but made sure to take time to remind everyone that his son served in the military and died of cancer. Meanwhile, dozens today died of being blown to pieces at the hands of a failed evacuation process.

Upvote 0

Mike

Feb 1, 2007
Yup! Trudope had months to get this right and get Afghan interpreters, embassy guards and others that helped the Canadian military out and he sat on his hands and did nothing until the last minute. We have abandoned those that helped us. They are US!
I can only say it was one of the greatest betrayals I have witnessed in my lifetime.
Trudope is in election mode, an election that didn't need to be called. Time could have been better spent on evacuating those we made a commitment to. I have to say this is shameful and I feel deep shame.
Do they have any sort of plan to get back in later and get these people out?

Upvote 0

Sinister

pari animositate
Premium
Mar 19, 2009
Lost.
Reactions: Rigjockey
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread