just wanting to say hi

firecracker24

hey guys my handle is firecracker and i just started driving last year.. im a 6ft tall,blonde,female...
i have always wanted to drive (b/c my dad does he hauls cows) and finally turned 21 and found a school and well here i am..i work for werner enterprises and do not recommend them.:sadbanana:
i was wondering if there are any decent companys!!it seems that the bigger the company the more idiots they have running it.
anyways to get to the point i just wanted to say hi to everyone.:tiphat:

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I am relatively new to a fairly large company, and after saying I would never work for a large company again several years ago, I gotta say I am pleased with where I am. The company I am with is Crete Carrier, and while I have only been driving for them for a month now, I am very satisfied with them.

Why aren't you bull hauling with Dad? :)

yep it sucks bc i was led to believe that there are all these jobs out there but they dont care to mention the age part..
i was always wondering how people are supposed to get experence when none of the companys will hire untill you have atleast 2 years..oh and be 25 years of age.

well im officially back to werner counldnt find any other companys that would pay for insurance..it kinda sucks since my dispatcher put me and my team mate on "volentary quit" 1 day after we went on vacation. had to go through orentation again and boy it was boring.glad its over but even more glad that i dont have to go through training again.its unfair that a dispatcher can control a company persons life like that...

Just tough it out for a while. Many more opportunities will open up for you once you hit the age of 23, not to mention you will have a stable job history if you stick with Werner during this time.

And welcome to the forum

but its soooo very hard!!! i just got back and they are already screwing me (and not a good way) i was supposed to take a truck that has safety holds on it to dallas tx from fla. and so far i have ended up in illionis and michigan...tell me how thats close to tx.my dispatcher is giving me the run around saying that he knows nothing (even though my team mate and myself have told him multiple times,so has his boss)but on the other side of life i have to get to st joseph,mi and its started to snow.then i will be on my way to tx....thanks for the words of encouragement, but how do i get over the fear i have of going solo since my team mate will be leaving werner for good in 2 weeks..

but its soooo very hard!!! i just got back and they are already screwing me (and not a good way) i was supposed to take a truck that has safety holds on it to dallas tx from fla. and so far i have ended up in illionis and michigan...tell me how thats close to tx.my dispatcher is giving me the run around saying that he knows nothing (even though my team mate and myself have told him multiple times,so has his boss)but on the other side of life i have to get to st joseph,mi and its started to snow.then i will be on my way to tx....thanks for the words of encouragement, but how do i get over the fear i have of going solo since my team mate will be leaving werner for good in 2 weeks..

well you never get over it quickly. that comes with time, but before you know it, you actually forget you were apprehensive about it all. try your best to just go with the flow. before you know it, you'll be called upon to handle freight that some "rookie" can't................then come the "perks" like when you ask for an extra day off because you helped out dispatch in a tight squeeze. many dispatchers can really be co-operative but i know that's hard to believe right now.

keep us posted.

day 8--well toady i finally made it to the dallas terminal to get my truck..still havent recieved it yet.but it looks like crap,its already been wreaked on the passenger side,stack on drivers side,and the handle for the release of the kingpin is serverly bent.
found out from a friend of mine that he has the same dispatcher and told me that he cant stand him either.which kinda makes me feel better at least im not the only one getting screwed over by this guy.

Starting over

Hi every one I have been driving tractor trailer for over twenty years but I am a convicted fellon and I am trying to go over to Iraq to start Driving over thear. I was convicted in 01/15/2003 and my younger brother has been over thear since 11/26/2007 as mechanick and this is the perfect opportunity for me to do good for my Country and get my life back in order.since I got my felony my life has been hell I have been strugling with jobs since I have been out (04/15/2004) of prison . I have paid my dept to society and no longer a thret to society. I know that I could do good with what God has given me the skills and experiance for this job.My crime was not a drug crime or a sex crime and all I ask is that I get the opportunity to show my family and my Country that I am not an animal and that I am just trying to do the rite thing

Welcome to the forum. Everyone screws up even the one's who claim they never did.
Good-luck to ya..........

hey firecracker hang in there im sure we ve all worked for unscrupules ppl b 4 2 pay the due s im not sayin that u have 2 stay with thaat carrier but once u get ur expieriance u can write ur own ticket do what u wannna do i know iv been there b4 b strong.props to pops a cattle hauler thats hard work n must b a very caring person to look after those animals

Want to try my hand at trucking/ need advice

Hello everyone, im 43 and have been unemployed for a year now. I have been thinking about getting into trucking and i was going to get my CDL through USA Trucking but reading posts on this truckers form i am having second thoughts. It sounds to me like the trucking industry is on a down fall and alot of good people are screwed big time by trucking companys telling them one thing and doing another.
I would love to get some good advise as to how to get into trucking with out getting screwed. Thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread