Just Wanted To Say Hi & Introduce Myself

BANDIT

Dispatch Me Home
Hello Everyone, I'm pleased to be a part of this great site. I have been called the Bandit since before we started using CBs. Back when we still used lights and hand signals to communicate with each other. As far as I know, I was the first Bandit until Burt & Jerry made their movie....LOL. I was an O/O with 4 OTR units for about 32yrs. until I had finally had enough and sold all of them. I now drive locally for a small construction co. moving their heavy equipment & materials. I am in full support of the Shutdown/Slowdown that is in progress right now & I truly hope that ya'll can get done what we tried and couldn't get done back in the 70s. I feel a bit guilty, because if we had been stronger and stuck together back then, you wouldn't be in the mess your in today. I'll do all I can to help. I wish you all the Best of Luck.

welcome. i ahd a dog named bandit. i shot his ass for being stupid. don't make the same mistake. anyways glad to have you here.

ps. i am drunk

Thanks.......you better hope that someone doesn't feel the same about stupid humans. I really don't appreciate the inference, drunk or not. Take it out on someone or something else. I thought we were all here to get something done about the mess we're all in and get some changes made so we and our families can continue to survive.

Thanks New Yorker, I guess I've lost my sense of humor lately. I just didn't find it funny.

Thanks.......you better hope that someone doesn't feel the same about stupid humans. I really don't appreciate the inference, drunk or not. Take it out on someone or something else. I thought we were all here to get something done about the mess we're all in and get some changes made so we and our families can continue to survive.

lighten up francis. don't wear your feelings on your shoulders. no offence was meant and if you took it that way, my bad.

Inference? I think he was making a funny there......

Anyway, welcome, I'm new here myself.

guess he didn't catch it. hopefully he got it now. glad to see you finally made here. now where is your "new here" so i can roast ya ! lol

hi i am yellowbird2525; my mom's side came over on the mayflower & my dads side was here to meet them; my grandpa remarried a lady whose maiden name was Boone; a direct decendent of Daniel; they were married over 35 years when he passed; she is still alive & 94; I have been a member of the resistence for a long time; i have a passion for the people of this country & I am incredibly angry at the actions of the Gov. above & beyond most folks; over numerous things; the Fed Reserve Bank finally came right out & said what everyone has known all along re credit cards: criminal, fraud & deceptive business practices; then they dared to show a Senator from Oregon claiming working with Congress to correct; they have done nothing for years because they get $8m to $10m a year; bribery is what makes the "dysfunctional" government work is what they are referring to it as; see other postings here & on theamericandriver.com; same handle. The good news is that multitudes of folks are resisting; some are armed; some have been preparing for this for a long time; others home school & keep beneath the radar; some are very powerful individuals & very wealthy individuals; millions of us know at least part of the score & are resisting in one way or another; hey, has any one here tried the vegetable oil as fuel? the busy little buzzards are busily covering up many atrocities by getting archives by supbeonia & changing the internet; scroll to bottom of page & it will tell you when last undated at times; other times it does not; was just curious if any had & if so does it truly work?

Hi all, I haven’t introduced myself yet so here goes…. I am not a trucker just part of the general public that is keeping close tabs on the trucking industry. As part of the general public, we know that the trucking industry can bring a halt to what is happening in our country. Will we all be hurt by a strike, convoy, boycott, parked trucks, etc… YES? But at this point it can’t hurt any worse that watching our country be raped by the government and big oil giants.
I am no stranger to the trucking industry. My hubby (now deceased), worked at BP Oil company as the East Coast Sales rep, both of us worked at T/A in Troutville, VA before he became a rep. Together as a team we worked to help driver issues be brought
to the attention of corporate office and mapped fuel stops across the country. David fought hard for the rights of drivers, especially when it came to the best fuel prices usually fighting against BP itself for the best price. .
My family is average to above average income, yet with the rising fuel/grocery cost I am barely making ends meet. My groceries have tripled in the past few months and yet I am getting even less. I am only driving to and from work, 44 miles round trip, yet a tank of gas barely gets me thru the week. I drive a 95 Geo Prism and get really good gas mileage but so what, it takes $36.00 to fill up now 2x a week. I feel for others who don’t have a good gas mileage car.
I work for a non-profit agency that helps low income families, the elderly and the disabled and volunteer for a group of people that help in emergency situations like groceries in the house or keeping families electricity turned on. Single moms and the elderly are no longer just getting by; they are struggling just to survive, and failing.
This past week the agency I volunteer for had to close its doors from no-funding. Now the ones most desperate have no where to go.
Businesses are closing their doors left and right in our area, o/o are having to park their rigs (or already lost their rigs), factories have already closed so we have a huge area that is also now unemployed. People’s homes are popping up all over our area with foreclosure signs on them and truth be known (especially in my job) the homeless rate had doubled in the past few months. The homeless is not just winos/druggies and people looking to get lost, it is single moms/dads; it’s an elderly lady that has no family, which are now homeless only due to the economy.
After joining another forum and getting blasted because I am not a trucker, I decided to look elsewhere to help, so here I am (plus someone sent me a link to your forum, thank you very much) .

Blessings to all

Hi all, I haven’t introduced myself yet so here goes…. I am not a trucker just part of the general public that is keeping close tabs on the trucking industry. As part of the general public, we know that the trucking industry can bring a halt to what is happening in our country. Will we all be hurt by a strike, convoy, boycott, parked trucks, etc… YES? But at this point it can’t hurt any worse that watching our country be raped by the government and big oil giants.
I am no stranger to the trucking industry. My hubby (now deceased), worked at BP Oil company as the East Coast Sales rep, both of us worked at T/A in Troutville, VA before he became a rep. Together as a team we worked to help driver issues be brought
to the attention of corporate office and mapped fuel stops across the country. David fought hard for the rights of drivers, especially when it came to the best fuel prices usually fighting against BP itself for the best price. .
My family is average to above average income, yet with the rising fuel/grocery cost I am barely making ends meet. My groceries have tripled in the past few months and yet I am getting even less. I am only driving to and from work, 44 miles round trip, yet a tank of gas barely gets me thru the week. I drive a 95 Geo Prism and get really good gas mileage but so what, it takes $36.00 to fill up now 2x a week. I feel for others who don’t have a good gas mileage car.
I work for a non-profit agency that helps low income families, the elderly and the disabled and volunteer for a group of people that help in emergency situations like groceries in the house or keeping families electricity turned on. Single moms and the elderly are no longer just getting by; they are struggling just to survive, and failing.
This past week the agency I volunteer for had to close its doors from no-funding. Now the ones most desperate have no where to go.
Businesses are closing their doors left and right in our area, o/o are having to park their rigs (or already lost their rigs), factories have already closed so we have a huge area that is also now unemployed. People’s homes are popping up all over our area with foreclosure signs on them and truth be known (especially in my job) the homeless rate had doubled in the past few months. The homeless is not just winos/druggies and people looking to get lost, it is single moms/dads; it’s an elderly lady that has no family, which are now homeless only due to the economy.
After joining another forum and getting blasted because I am not a trucker, I decided to look elsewhere to help, so here I am (plus someone sent me a link to your forum, thank you very much) .

Blessings to all
Their lost for blasting you on the other truckers forum, you have a home here with us and are more than welcome, how stupid it is to run off anyone who is willing to help. So we are greatful to have you. Your story breaks my heart about closing the facilty for people to get help. What is going to become of our country?

WELCOME

Welcome OutOFTheMist, We're glad to have you aboard. We appreciate your interest and any and all help you can give us. We need help in getting the word out to everyone. You will meet some pretty great people here and I hope you enjoy participating in the Forum. Take Care And Have An Awesome Day:tiphat:

I am in full support of the Shutdown/Slowdown that is in progress right now

What
Shutdown/Slowdown??:biglaugh::biglaugh:You can't get two drivers to agree on anything yet a whole country. Didn't work in 1978 and it's not gonna work now.
You have no leadership.
The government will declare Marshall law and put drivers in YOUR trucks.If your a company driver there not gonna go with you. YOU WILL BE FIRED. How many driver's or O/O can afford to shut down longer then a week?If you can then you don't need to shut down.People like OOIDA is not gonna back you there scared of the Government.So now who is gonna be your Jimmy Hoffa no one.The US government holds all the cards and you hold a joker.The government will turn driver aginest driver.
When your neighbor can't get gas to go to work or food for there family they will hate you even if there family. SO JUST THANK ABOUT IT.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread