Just read this, and then read it again. Do we REALLY understand?

If you are a city driver or local driver doing P&D all day long Elogs are great. Enter your info in the morning, Hit remarks to show your pre trip and after that it is all hands free.
You start driving and it puts you in driving. When you stop at your customers to load/unload as soon as you pull the buttons and shut the engine it puts you in on-duty.
You don't need to touch anything.
End of the day hit remarks, Show your post-trip, Hit sign out and it puts you on off duty.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are a city driver or local driver doig P&D all day long Elogs are great. Enter your info in the morning, Hit remarks to show your pre trip and after that it is all hands free.
You start driving and it puts you in driving. When you stop at your customers to load/unload as soon as uou pull the buttons and shut the engine it puts you in on-duty.
You don't need to touch anything.
End of the day hit remarks, Show your post-trip, Hit sign out and it puts you on off duty.
In the US, just make sure you're off duty for 30 minutes somewhere during the day. But yes, it simplifies local and even regional significantly.

What I see, going forward, is a system of transportation in which everybody runs a sort of shuttle like @Inkeper is on. Go out 500 miles, swap trailers, take 10 and go back. Not sure how this would work for independent owner-ops, maybe everybody have to run leased or fleet trailers, but the way HoS and required equipment rules are going, it'd be about the only way to stay compliant and still make money. Loads that can't be run this way will have to go on team trucks.

The industry will evolve to absorb the regulations. Drivers will have to decide whether we want to be a part of it or not. It pretty much boils down to that.

Being able to adjust doesn't denote weakness. It only shows somebody who is willing to go with the program. I have seen over and over and over again that it doesn't matter what people want or how much sense something makes, the government will do what it wants and we will like it or else. There aren't enough people willing to stand against these things to make a dent. Yeh, OOIDA. At the moment they are an afterthought. I appreciate what they try to do. They have made progress in some directions. But there are some things that will be regardless of how much noise is made or how ridiculous it is. Elogs is one of those things. Either get ready for them or get ready to retire. Those are our options.

In the US, just make sure you're off duty for 30 minutes somewhere during the day. But yes, it simplifies local and even regional significantly.

What I see, going forward, is a system of transportation in which everybody runs a sort of shuttle like @Inkeper is on. Go out 500 miles, swap trailers, take. 10 and go back. Not sure how this would work for independent owner-ops, maybe everybody have to run leased or fleet trailers, but the way HoS and required equipment rules are going, it'd be about the only way to stay compliant and still make money. Loads that can't be run this way will have to go on team trucks.

The industry will evolve to absorb the regulations. Drivers will have to decide whether we want to be a part of it or not. It pretty much boils down to that.

Being able to adjust doesn't denote weakness. It only shows somebody who is willing to go with the program. I have seen over and over and over again that it doesn't matter what people want or how much sense something makes, the government will do what it wants and we will like it or else. There aren't enough people willing to stand against these things to make a dent. Yeh, OOIDA. At the moment they are an afterthought. I appreciate what they try to do. They have made progress in some directions. But there are some things that will be regardless of how much noise is made or how ridiculous it is. Elogs is one of those things. Either get ready for them or get ready to retire. Those are our options.
It was the same B.S. when they changed the HOS. Drivers talking smack about how they are going to quit the industry and blah, blah, blah. Most of them are still out here.
My focus is on the solid block of rest as opposed to splitting. I think most driver will agree that they are more rested now having a solid block of rest.

I get that people don't like change. Trucking is always changing. And kind of what you said. You either get with it or get lost.

The idea behind the 10 hour block is to get us to behave and sleep like normal people.

It's almost impossible for most humans to fall asleep immediately so you need unwind time, then 7-8 hours optimal sleep, then up and around for the new workday.

Personally, I love it. My dispatchers can't f*ck me out of rest and after a day of up to 14 hours, my ass needs sleep. Good, deep, continuous sleep.

You don't reach the REM cycle when you're down and back up in only 4-5 hours so you never truly get rested. You can't live on naps.

I swear, Drivers are their own worst enemy. We don't need a union. We don't need a truckers strike ( like that would ever happen:biglaugh:) we only need to work to the rule.
Then let them sort out what rules, That they ( the man) have made are really stupid!
You don't need to shut down the economy, Just slow it down a bit, Bylaw!
Park your company rig and yes they are going to fire you! Work to the letter of the law and you have a legal defence against any kind of retaliation :thumbsup:
And all the big talking Owner ops need to do is do what they say they would do, If not for all the company drivers.:D

Sure 'nuff it would hurt the wallet for a bit, But so would an all out strike.

I still can not for the life of me fathom why you want to move your truck in the middle of a break. That is my time. If you want to futz with the trailer it is yours until after I have my break.

If it is in your way you can wait until my break is up, or get a yard monkey (no offense @rigjockey ) to move it.

No wonder shippers and receivers think they can get away with this crap. Bone heads keep donating their break as dock time:bonk:

Kinda makes you hope they do turn the screws down tight to put an end to that crap.

I still can not for the life of me fathom why you want to move your truck in the middle of a break. That is my time. If you want to futz with the trailer it is yours until after I have my break.

If it is in your way you can wait until my break is up, or get a yard monkey (no offense @rigjockey ) to move it.

No wonder shippers and receivers think they can get away with this crap. Bone heads keep donating their break as dock time:bonk:

Kinda makes you hope they do turn the screws down tight to put an end to that crap.
No offence taken! thanks for the promotion;):thumbsup:

The line only gets broken (on the QCs I've used) when I change my duty status. Been many times I stopped on a git-on ramp for a couple of minutes and went in the sleeper to grab something. As long as I'm moving within five minutes, it shows a continuous, unbroken line on the graph. Same for off duty time. I don't have issues with my sleeper berth time being interrupted because of the nature of the account I run. When I'm done, I'm done and there's no reason for me to move.

Zactly!

In other words, you can't trust them because if you do any work while you are supposed to be on break, it might catch you for DOING IT WRONG.......

In other words, you can't trust them because if you do any work while you are supposed to be on break, it might catch you for DOING IT WRONG.......
No I just don't get the notion that I start my break as they unload and then somewhere in the middle I have to get up, go get paperwork, and then move like @Duck keeps saying is going to be caught someday.

Now I doubt it will, but why would you interrupt your time to bend over for a shipper or receiver. I have never understood this no matter how many times a dispatcher (they learn quick when you ask if they would like a copy of 395 on the qcom), receiver or shipper says well back in we'll wake you up when we are done.

No the **** you will not. You can have the trailer until my break is over, or you can get your stuff after my break. It is that mentality that has led these dock people to think that our time is not valuable.

"Oh they can just take a nap" GFY I set my schedule. And we do not need romper room naps in the middle of the day.

Sad state of affairs when drivers do not stand up for themselves.

No I just don't get the notion that I start my break as they unload and then somewhere in the middle I have to get up, go get paperwork, and then move like @Duck keeps saying is going to be caught someday.

Now I doubt it will, but why would you interrupt your time to bend over for a shipper or receiver. I have never understood this no matter how many times a dispatcher (they learn quick when you ask if they would like a copy of 395 on the qcom), receiver or shipper says well back in we'll wake you up when we are done.

No the **** you will not. You can have the trailer until my break is over, or you can get your stuff after my break. It is that mentality that has led these dock people to think that our time is not valuable.

"Oh they can just take a nap" GFY I set my schedule. And we do not need romper room naps in the middle of the day.

Sad state of affairs when drivers do not stand up for themselves.
Many or most drivers don't communicate with dispatch on the available hrs.Its up to dispatch to work with drivers.Shippers and receivers don't know what hrs the driver has and should not have to wait till driver is done with his or her brk,they have other drivers waiting.

I just went through a L1 inspection. Had to email my eld logs. They took them and went over them for 40 mins found 3 11 hr violation's I said no ****ing way. Went to supervisor he showed her where she was wrong NO VIOLATIONS yeah

Last edited:
"Just as GPS tracking systems make it simple for auditors to uncover and declare hours violations today, uncovering a speeding violation that was never ticketed will be that much simpler with widespread ELD use..."

No, this isn't an invasion of your privacy.

It is way more than that.

The ELD is going to make your life a living hell on earth. You can take that to the bank.

why isn't the greater issues: the payday scams of both "cents per mile," and "percentage pay," plus - forced sleep deprivation!!! According to The HOS - it is legal for regulated truckers to be driving and falling asleep, at the same time!!! This trucking company oriented "sleep deprivation," is killing truckers and the driving public at-large, at the same time!!! With a rip-off, phony pay system plus sleep-deprivation - the only solution is for "us," to get real jobs, esp. re self-employment!!! It's time "to give," trucking to FMCSA - forever!!!! f4ufighter.777@gmail

I just went through a L1 inspection. Had to email my eld logs. They took them and went over them for 40 mins found 3 11 hr violation's I said no ****ing way. Went to supervisor he showed her where she was wrong NO VIOLATIONS yeah

I have a real problem with how much of our time is wasted doing what should be done during an audit. I've been on and off the pit in less time than they tied you up.

No, it's not. The driver has the duty to to call it when he or she is too tired to drive and the company doesn't have a thing to say about it.

Stop spreading false information.
yes your right!!! why should a company have the right to tell a driver when they can goto sleep that should be upto the driver not the company:bonk:

why isn't the greater issues: the payday scams of both "cents per mile," and "percentage pay," plus - forced sleep deprivation!!! According to The HOS - it is legal for regulated truckers to be driving and falling asleep, at the same time!!! This trucking company oriented "sleep deprivation," is killing truckers and the driving public at-large, at the same time!!! With a rip-off, phony pay system plus sleep-deprivation - the only solution is for "us," to get real jobs, esp. re self-employment!!! It's time "to give," trucking to FMCSA - forever!!!! f4ufighter.777@gmail
if a company told me when i could nap this is what i would say back to em:thefinger:. there's no way in hell i would endanger the public or myself

If you drive tired you have no-one to blame but yourself and is spineless for not speaking to dispatch.Far as pay,didnt you know what you would be making before you started?If not then you should have asked recruter questions

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread