Just one question

If I need to get home that's 2,000 miles away after the apocalypse, that 767 would look mighty inviting. It would be mine, brah.
If you could get up to it, at an airport that will most likely have been taken over by the military, then hijack a push truck to back it away from the gate, get into it somehow without leaving the ladder truck in the way where you'll run it over with the wing or the tail, get into the cockpit through a locked and reinforced door, make sure it's got fuel, start it and taxi out to the runway without running stuff over, smashing up a wing tip on a fixed object or blow out tires on the runway lights, get it off the ground and reduce throttle soon enough to get the gear up and flaps retracted before you overspeed them, figure out how to maintain cabin pressure, figure out the avionics which of course will not be like the ones in the video game, find an airport with a big enough runway near home that isn't crawling with soldiers, then align with the runway for approach, all without getting shot down for ignoring military ATC, answering their questions about your non-existent flight plan wrong, or violating a nationwide flight ban like after 9/11, do you expect to be able to bring it down and land it without an ILS because the power grid is down, with no experience other than a desktop computer game? o_O

Nah. I ain't gonna ride shotgun.

I'll steal a smaller plane. ;)

If you could get up to it, at an airport that will most likely have been taken over by the military, then hijack a push truck to back it away from the gate, get into it somehow without leaving the ladder truck in the way where you'll run it over with the wing or the tail, get into the cockpit through a locked and reinforced door, make sure it's got fuel, start it and taxi out to the runway without running stuff over, smashing up a wing tip on a fixed object or blow out tires on the runway lights, get it off the ground and reduce throttle soon enough to get the gear up and flaps retracted before you overspeed them, figure out how to maintain cabin pressure, figure out the avionics which of course will not be like the ones in the video game, find an airport with a big enough runway near home that isn't crawling with soldiers, then align with the runway for approach, all without getting shot down for ignoring military ATC, answering their questions about your non-existent flight plan wrong, or violating a nationwide flight ban like after 9/11, do you expect to be able to bring it down and land it without an ILS because the power grid is down, with no experience other than a desktop computer game? o_O

Nah. I ain't gonna ride shotgun.

I'll steal a smaller plane. ;)
kill joy

Nawp. Just a parachute.

Those high altitude jumps are fun:D

I'm afraid of heights.

efba8ad23f261064e0e9a4d55d0b0b56_-less-is-just-plain-icky-icky-face-meme_300-352.jpeg

I'm afraid of heights.

efba8ad23f261064e0e9a4d55d0b0b56_-less-is-just-plain-icky-icky-face-meme_300-352.jpeg
My MIL wanted to try it. She is just not the type. Hell she gets ansy on a high bridge driving.

Paid for a class and two tandem jumps. She passed out in the plane. She still has the second coupon in her purse.

My MIL wanted to try it. She is just not the type. Hell she gets ansy on a high bridge driving.

Paid for a class and two tandem jumps. She passed out in the plane. She still has the second coupon in her purse.

Ill take it and have a blast.

Edited to add: I'm being honest, but also just due to being hossmode (even at military weight) can't do tandem, ever, unless I do a couple years in Ethiopia, so hook someone else up (or do it yourself!).

A .mil broham from the 75th is a senior instructor @ Yuma and skydives every weekend pretty much. He gave me a good list of what to look for in a rig, but it sucks being a big guy and having my entry cost increased to over $5k straight out the gate, as I need my own parachute right off since rental rigs as a general rule won't handle over 200 pounds of love machine.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread